Chapter Two // October 21, 2015

I almost believe my life flashed tight in front of my eyes like they say it does right before you die, but thankfully I didn't die just yet.

However, the DeLorean does fly awfully close into the other cars in front of us, and me and Jennifer scream from the terrible scare. I pant for a minute before catching my breath. A frantic Doc tries to move the flying DeLorean out of the way of the oncoming traffic.

"What the hell was that?" I ask, trying to catch my breath, as my girlfriend clings on tighter to me.

"Taxicab." Doc replies simple, holding a tight grip on the steering wheel. I look at him, obviously confused on why there was a taxicab.

"What do you mean, a taxicab?" I ask. "I thought we were flying."

"Precisely." Doc says, and I sigh, wanting to probe a deeper answer out of him.

"Alright Doc, what's going on- huh?" I ask. "Where are we?-" I pause, and think of a better question. "When are we?"

Doc quickly looks down at his watch. "We're descending towards Hill Valley, California," he says, "on Wednesday, October 21st, 2015."

I look at him in utter shock and fascination. "2015?" I repeat. "You mean we're in the future!" Unbelievable!

Jennifer cuts in. "Future, Marty?" She asks, bafflement and wonder making their way into her voice. "What do you mean? How can we be in the future?"

Well, this was going to be interesting to explain. "Uh, Jennifer," I start to say. "I don't know how to tell you this, but-" I give a small chuckle at my abrupt answer. "You're in a time machine."

Jennifer's eyes widen to the size of dinner plates. "And this is the year 2015?" She asks, in complete fascination.

"October 21st, 2015." Doc answers for her.

Jennifer shakes her head as if she believes she was in a dream. "God, so like, you weren't kidding!" Jennifer proclaimed. "Marty, we can actually see our future!" She turns towards the Doc. "Doc, you said we got married, right?"

Doc begins to nervously stutter, not wanting to reveal much information. "Uh- uhm, yeah-"

"Yeah?" Jennifer questions. "Was it a big wedding?" Doc doesn't answer, and Jennifer turns towards me. "Marty, we'll be going to see our wedding!" She squeals.

"Wow."

"I'm going to be able to see my wedding dress!"

"Wow." I repeat, with a minimal amount of enthusiasm in my voice.

"I wonder where we live," Jennifer continues on, "I bet it's a big house with a lot of kids, and ho-"

But before Jen can finish asking her question, Doc pulls out some sort of gadget that knocks her out almost instantly. What the hell? Is Jennifer okay?

"Doc, what the hell are you doing?" I frantically ask, as I grab her face. She appeared to be knocked out cold.

"Relax Marty," Doc reassures me. "It's just a sleep-induced rhythm Alpha generator. She was asking too many questions, and no one should know too much about their own future."

I stared at him, wondering what his thought process was. He was the one who told me to bring her, right?

"Then what did you bring her for?"

"I had to do something!" Doc desperately claimed. "She saw the time machine- I couldn't just leave her there with that information." Doc shakes his head and dismisses it. "Don't worry though, she's not essential to my plan."

I shrug, still a little hesitant on his ideas. Nevertheless, I didn't protest anymore and left the time traveling plans up to Doc. If he had an idea about time travel, he was not going to get it out of his head anytime soon, and no one would be able to convince him otherwise. "You're the Doc, Doc." I doubtfully say, as we make a right on the exit.

"Here's our exit." Doc announces, and we turn into a futuristic Hill Valley.

This was heavy.