Chapter Eleven // My Padlocked Home

A couple of minutes later, Doc and I arrive at my estate and drive up to my house. Doc pauses for me to get out, and I jump out, nodding my head in appreciation for the ride.

"If you need me, I'll be in my lab, dismantling this thing," Doc says, and I nod my head again. It sucks that I won't be able to use the DeLorean ever again, but it was probably for the better. After all, I could've lost my life multiple times. "Right," I say as I close the car door and watch the Doc drive off.

I then head to the side gate to get into my room more quickly, but much to my surprise there's a padlock on the gate. I stare at it, surprised and confused on why there was one there. It's not like we've ever had a padlock before, at least not while I was gone... "What the hell?" I ask, staring at the lock. But fortunately for me, my climbing skills are good and I am able to jump over the gate easily.

In the next minute, I get to my bedroom and quietly open the window. Thankfully, it's unlocked and I can step inside. But as soon as I put my feet inside, I accidentally trip and fall onto the bed. The lights turn on, and I am again in bewilderment as I see a young girl in my bed!... Except, it doesn't look like my bed... or my room! The young girl begins to scream, and I try to begin and reason with her. "Wait a minute, what are you doing in my room?" I ask, in shock.

She begins to yell for her parents. "Mom, dad, help me!" She calls, and I wave my arms so she doesn't continue to yell for them. "Wait a minute, okay- okay!" I reason, but she ignores me and continues to yell for them. Quickly, they burst into the room, and who I assume to be her father enters with a baseball bat. "Freeze, sucker!" He yells, and I innocently hold my arms up in desperation. "It's okay, I don't want in trouble!" I plead, clasping my hands together. The Dad doesn't listen and instead begins to start swinging at me. "Well, you got trouble now, you piece of trash!" He screams, trying to hit with his bat and instead hits the girl's things instead. Fortunate for me, but unfortunate for the rest of the family who was tearfully hiding behind the dad. "What are you doing in here with my daughter?!"

"Listen, I'm just in the wrong house!" I cry, desperately trying to explain my situation- but it's no use. I could see that the dad was in no mood for excuses, and he likely wouldn't want to sit down and reasonably talk about it. "Listen, I'm just in the wrong house!"

"You got that right!" He shouts, swinging at me again. I dodge just in the nick of time and hear a young boy from behind him encourage his dad. "Go get him, dad!"

"Look, I made a mistake!" I try to explain for the last time, but the dad only grows angrier with me. "You're damn right you made a mistake!" He bellows, trying to hit me again but instead knocks over the shelves. Everything I did to try and rationalize with him just seemed to make him angrier, and I did not want to be the victim to that. I yelled as I fall to the floor, trying to exit the room by crawling in a state of panic.

Finally, I get back up on my feet and bolt out of the house, literally running for my life. I looked back, and the poor family follows me until they stop at the end of the front yard. I yell as they call after me.

"Right, you keep running sucker!" The dad yells after me. "You tell that realty company that I ain't selling, you hear? We ain't going to be terrorized!"

What the hell was going here?