Chapter 6.)

The day Caspian Moves In

• Ivy's POV •

Today I had to meet with the broad Caspian Griffith. We would get exactly one whole year to get to know eachother before our wedding. If I'm honest, yes I do like all the money and fancy stuff we own, but was.. or rather is it worth my freedom? No it isn't. The fact is, I don't even like Caspian like that, In fact I was dreading everything. I was dreading this just as much as he probably was. I felt like my life had just been ruined, utterly blown to pieces. Caspian Griffith was certainly NOT my cup of tea. I never felt any connection to him whatsoever. What makes my mother think a year together in a house will change that now?

• • •

I stood at the stairway awaiting my guest when I heard a loud knock at the door. A butler named bretavious opened it and there Caspian stood. He held two suitcases full of all his things as he stood longingly in the doorway. His bright orange hair popped out to me like a sour thumb making me cringe. I fake smiled politely walking down the stairs to the last step.

"Hello. Come in." I said trying my best to stay happy. He walked in with his head down grumpily not saying a word. Not so friendly this morning Caspian Griffith are you...?

"Good morning" I smiled and he didn't smile back. He only looked up to me with a light frown. "How are you?" I asked. He didn't answer. Ok then, guess I'll get straight to the point. "Well." I sighed. "Your room is located on first floor up these stairs, take a right and it'll be there. You have your own bathroom and lounging area as well as an intercom and speaker to access the kitchen and any of the other rooms, so there's really no need to ever leave your bedroom if you don't want too." I half lied. We were actually supposed to share a bedroom my mother had for us but, there wasn't any way now I could see that working out. "But if you do come out of your room, and you have any questions you can certainly ask bretavious. He should be around usually in this section of the house by the front door entry way, and main offices. If you have any further questions and your located in the kitchen, living room or dining room, astronomus will handle your questions there. But make sure you don't bother the chef's when their cooking, only speak to astronomus, he'll communicate with them. If you have any questions when on the first floor Beethoven handles that floor of the house. If your on the second floor hutch will guide you up there. And, there's no servant located in the attic." I answered. "For Now. I'll be in my room. I'll come and go as I please; although, that won't be likely HopeRidge is usually dreadful outside, and as for me, I already feel like that on the inside. Besides it will ruin my makeup and hair." I added. "And In case you weren't aware, we should probably try and find a way out of this arrangement and get out of it as soon as we can. Because this. Won't. Last." I finished, completely disregarding the fact that I was black mailed. Hmmm. If Caspian found a way out of this instead of me, my parents wouldn't be able to use the blackmail against me.

I then turned to walk up the stairs. I walked down the long hall to my bedroom. I didn't bat him and eye. I didn't care too.

• • •

I was lying in bed, a few hours after Caspian arrived when I heard the intercom next to my door start to speak. I got up holding my hand up to cover my eyes from the blinding sunset. I hopped out of my bed moving straight towards the speaking machine in perfect alignment against the edge of my door frame

"Mrs. Rose and Mr.Griffith, dinner is ready now and being served down in the dinning room. Please come now while the food is still hot." Astronomus demanded. I was pretty hungry, but if it meant I was going to have to eat with Caspian I wasn't going. That would just be to awkward after yesterday's events. I sulked back over to my bed hitting the mattress like a ton of bricks.