Chapter 1

Jayda

Jayda

Today was finally move in day and I couldn't have been more excited. Jamie and Jarem decided to come this year to help me.

"I just got you back I don't want you to leave." Jamie pouted as I handed her my jewelry box from my car. I pouted as well because my little sister was my mini me.

"I know pooh, but I have to so I can get my education and be a teacher." I said grabbing some bags. Yes after several weeks of debating I switched my major to education so I can do something I love after I graduate.

"I get it." She said as we walked up stairs to my dorm. This year Angel, Nevaeh, Kali and I decided to be roommates again, but we're staying in the better dorms. Everyone has their own room, but there's only 2 bathrooms. There's also a kitchen and living room area.

After we unloaded the cars and they helped set my room up we went out to eat then grocery shopping. It was finally time for them to go back Texas.

"Mommy I've decided to stay with Jayda so I can get my education too." Jamie declared sitting on my bed. She was so pure it made me happy.

"Sweetie this education is too hard for you right now. You have to work your way up to it." My mom smiled kissing her head.

"Not fair. Bye JJ." Jamie said wrapping her arms around my neck.

"Bye pooh." I said squeezing her making her scream out a laugh.

"Behave sweetheart." My mom said putting her hand on my cheek. I leaned into it and hugged her.

"You got my number. Use it, especially if that nigga mess up." Jarem said hugging me.

"Bye Jaja." I laughed hugging him back. I walked them out and told everyone I loved them.

•••••

"A bad bitch just walked in!" Angel yelled walking in the dorm. I recognized that voice anywhere.

"Best friend!" I yelled running out my room. I peeped her brother walk in behind her. I jumped on Angel and we fell to the ground laughing.

"I've missed you Jaydawayda." She laughed kissing my cheek.

"Y'all gay." Anthony said shaking his head.

"Go put that in the room next to Jayda's you mutt." Angel dismissed him.

"I see." I said looking between her and him. Last time we had a talk she said they still weren't speaking and that was about 3 weeks ago.

"We had a talk. All 3 of us." Angel said as a small smile popped on her face.

"Well I'm happy for you." I smiled.

I helped her bring her stuff in and was semi-helping her put her room together. For the next 30 minutes I made small talk with her brother asking about football and whatnot.

"Knock Knock." Nevaeh said peeking her head in.

"Nevy!" Angel and I smiled running over in a group hug. She definitely gained some happy weight in all the right places.

"Hey guys." She smiled as we all pulled apart.

"How long have you been here?" Angel asked the question I've been thinking.

"For about 15 minutes now." She shrugged like it was no big deal. She looked past us and smiled a little, "Hey Anthony."

Anthony smirked at her and nodded his head wassup. I don't know what I missed but okay. I alternated between the two and he shook his head then got on his phone.

"Have you guys spoke to Kali since we left?" Nevaeh asked crossing her arms.

"I mean we have a streak on snapchat, but that's about it." I shrugged.

"We've actually talked at least once a week, so we've gotten pretty close." Angel admitted which shocked both Nevaeh and I.

"Stop it. Don't look at me like that." She laughed walking away from us to continue putting her clothes up.

Angel and Kali's relationship was always rocky. Sometimes they'd get along and other times they'd be cussing each other out ready to fight. Their personalities just clashed like that.

"So like when did everything change?" I asked sitting on her bed.

"The day after she told us I went over to check on her and we had a heart to heart. I made a promise to take care of her and the baby if nobody else would. Ever since since then I've became a main character in her life."

"That's so sweet." Nevaeh awed making Angel laugh softly.

For the rest of the day I went between helping the both of them get settled in. I spoke with Nevaeh's family for about 15 minutes before going back to Angel's room to mess with Anthony.

It was now around 9:00 and everyone left leaving the three of us here waiting on our Chinese food to arrive.

"Honestly Kali will be proud of us." Nevaeh said looking around the living room.

"Yes it is so cute." I smiled admiring our work.

"Okay but where is the food?" Angel groaned like we didn't order it just 10 minutes ago

"Go eat a snack." I laughed at her.

"Y'all talk to your mans since you got back?" Angel called out from her room.

"I have not, but I'm not too worried." I shrugged. Trevon and I were just on terms. It hasn't been good, but it also hasn't been terrible. I think us not seeing each other and not being up underneath each other kind of made us distant over the summer. So did I lie when I said I wasn't worried? Yes.

"I don't have a set man." Nevaeh said making me look at her.

"Let me find out you are here pimpin these niggas." Angel said walking back out.

"Never that. I'm just keeping it friendly." She blushed turning away from us.

"Mmhm." I smirked at her then we both turned to Angel who was crunching on some chips.

"Oh me? Yea he coming over tonight to lay it down on me." She said making us groan and throw a pillow at her.

"What? I gotta break my bed in somehow." She said as soon as the doorbell rung.

"Really?!"

"Gross!"

Angel answered the door laughing, "Speaking of the devil." She smiled as Dontae walked in.

I shook my head at Dontae's confused face.

"Damn it's my first time seeing y'all and you already disappointed in a nigga." He said making me laugh.