Chapter 14

Angel

It's been two weeks since I've spoke to Jayda. Her ass came home the next day acting like shit was peaches and cream. Like she didn't turn her location off so I ain't know where she was. Like she didn't walk in here with a big ass hickey on her neck. If she wanna throw her life away let her since she don't wanna listen to nobody who is trying to help her.

"Ready!" I heard Kali yell probably from the kitchen. We were going to the football game today just to get out and to support my boys. I had on a jersey with Dontae's name on the back and some shorts. It was the beginning of September so the weather has been pretty good. I grabbed my wallet and phone and met her in the kitchen.

"Bitch please buy me a pretzel and nachos as soon as we get in there. I need something salty."

"I got you. Let's go." I laughed making sure I also had our tickets.

Dontae was able to get up to 4 people free. His mom doesn't come to that many games so it's always me and who ever I make tag along. They were some seats at the bottom too. I be feeling like VIP when I sit down there boy.

The stadium was only about a 10 minute walk, but it's better than trying to find a parking spot somewhere. 

"Damn you know I'm fat now. I can't be doing all this walking." I heard Kali huff even though we were walking at a slow rate.

"Girl bye! You are barely pregnant." I laughed and she snapped her neck at me quick.

"I am almost 5 months which is half way there." She smiled making me smile at her.

This baby was definitely a wake up call for her. I've seen how much her attitude has changed for the better 75% of the time. Don't get me wrong she still a bitch, but she a nice bitch now.

We finally made it inside to our seats after standing in line for them expensive ass snacks. I bought the nachos and pretzels only because I had to beg her to come so I wouldn't be alone. All this other stuff: hot dog, popcorn, a sprite, and 3 packs of M&Ms was all her money.

"Are you eating for 2 or 6 my nigga?" I asked her placing the stuff down.

"Don't start. This is just so I don't go back every time I'm hungry." She rolled her eyes digging into the pretzel first.

•••

"Touchdown baby!" I screamed jumping up when Dontae caught the pass in the end zone. It was fourth quarter and they were down by six before the catch. The kicker has been ass today and I know the pressure is on for real. If he makes it it'll take a miracle for the other team to score with the amount of time left in the game. If he miss though we lose. I'm sure me and everyone else in the audience were crossing their fingers praying he'd make it.

"Let's go Ryan!" I cheered when it barely went in. That right there was God's work because ain't no way. They had my blood pressure high after that close game.

"That was a good game and all, but can we go? I'm hot and sweaty and all I wanna do is shower and watch Vampire Diaries." Kali asked from her seat.

"Yes. Give me one second so I can see Dontae." I said leaving her and started walking down the stairs.

I heard a loud ass gasp and what sounded like a drink dropping. I turned around and sure enough Kali sat there with a shocked face as a girl stood over her the empty cup still facing down.

"Jalen's not here to save you now." The girl laughed as her two other friend's laughed as well. Kali's hands balled into fist. I looked over to the field to see that the few players that were still lingering were looking at them. Dontae's eyes met mine and he knew exactly what I was about to do so he dropped his helmet and started running towards me, but it was too late.