Chapter 5

Jayda

"Where you going?" Angel asked as I walked out of the room.

"To see Trevon." I said stopping to look at her.

"Y'all good?" She asked with a pout as I shrugged.

"That's what I'm about to go find out."

"Y'all my power couple y'all goin overcome this." She reassured me and I nodded before making my way to his dorm.

Once I reached his room I knocked on the door twice. After a few seconds Khalil opened the door with a smile. He gave me a hug and I returned it whole heartily.

They were in the same building from last year so two rooms and one bathroom.

"Hunter's roommate is a no show so we decked his room out." Khalil explained as we walked through the bathroom.

They transformed both beds into a bunk bed, but the bottom bed was a practical a store with the amount of snacks sitting on it. Across from that was his dresser with a tv on top and a black couch in front. Then right in front of the the window was his desk. He even had the LED lights around his room giving me gamer vibes with the blue tone.

"Cool." I said as I looked around.

"Wassup. Jayda right? Adorable accent." Hunter said glancing from the game to look at me.

"Haha yes that's me. Still don't have an accent, but whatever." I said walking over and sitting next to Tre who was apparently far too focus on the game to speak to me.

"Hey babe." I mumbled decided to speak first.

Sup was his only response. I looked back at Khalil and he had a look of confusion on his face before he motioned to their room with his head. I got up and walked to their room with Khalil behind me. He shut the bathroom door to Hunter's room, but kept his open.

"What was that?" He asked me immediately sitting at his desk as I sat on his bed.

"I don't know! I didn't do anything." I said sounding defeated.

"So then what's up with him?" He questioned making me shrug.

"Khalil I really don't know. He has been so distant lately and everything just feels off. If he doesn't want a relationship he needs to just say that." I groaned laying back throwing my arm over my eyes.

We were doing perfectly fine up until about mid June when the distance really started to hit us. More so him than me because this was his first relationship where he had to long distance for a minute. As the summer progressed our conversations died down and became uninterested as well as our phone calls.

"Jayda I know you not crying." Khalil said after I sniffled.

"No." I lied clearly lying sitting up wiping my tears.

"Best friend..."

I got off his bed and put my shoes back on. It's no point in being here if the person I came to see doesn't wanna see me. "I think it's best if I leave."

"No you are not." He said grabbing my arms stopping me.

"Y'all good?" Trevon asked walking in.

I just looked away and crossed my arms while Khalil looked between the both of us not saying anything either.

"Umm okay...Imma just grab my charger and let y'all finish." He said making me scoff and roll my eyes.

I could tell Khalil was about to say something, but I grabbed his wrist stopping him. If he didn't see what was going on then I'm not gonna make him. Once Trevon grabbed his charger and walked back out I softly removed Khalil's arms.