Chapter 22

Angel

"My boyyy!" I yelled into the camera after picking up the phone for my brother

"My girlll!" He copied before we both started laughing.

"What does foo." I cheesed in his face. I didn't get to see him as much due to football conditioning over the summer.

"You know chillin and shit. The usual." He smirked. "You still mess with that nappy headed dude?"

"Yea bitch." Dontae answered for me, making me laugh.

Once Dontae came and visited me at the beginning it was motherfucking wraps. It was scary how quickly they clicked together. It was mostly over football, but outside of that they still had a lot in common. I was really jealous of the two.

"I called you for a reason though." He sighed getting serious. A number of things racked through my brain.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Please don't freak out-"

"I'm finally gonna be an auntie." I smiled, but the straight face he made told me this was no joking matter.

"I got word from my boys down there and they said they've seen Evan..."

At the sound of his name my world stopped spinning. I felt like I was going to puke and shit myself all within the same second. Whatever else came after that I didn't hear any of that. I started to be flashbacks to what I considered the lowest point of my life.

3 Years Ago

I limped my way to the kitchen hoping and praying I could find something to eat in this boy's fridge. I was far too malnourished for my liking. I had to take a break from track because of how dizzy I was getting during practice. Maybe that's a good thing, it was getting harder and harder to hide the bruises.

I found some peanut butter and jelly and two slices of three day old bread. There wasn't any mold, so fuck it.

I can't order take out unless he's here and he won't let me go visit my mom. I haven't had a home cooked meal in so long.

I looked down at my cracked screen seeing my brother call me. Evan thought I was cheating, so he chucked my phone with full force out the apartment. I had to wait until he was sleep in order to get it back. Of course when he found out he fractured my wrist.

Before I could make a decision I heard keys rattling outside the door, so I turned my phone off and slipped it into my pocket.

Evan came inside with a girl wrapped around his waist as they tongued each other down. I couldn't stop myself from scoffing at this disbelief.

"Who is that?" The bimbo pulled away and looked over at me.

"Just my cousin, don't even worry about her." I heard him say as he kissed on her neck.