Chapter 12

Kali

Today was Saturday and I had my doctors appointment. My next appointment I'll be able to find out the sex and I couldn't be more excited.

I've also decided that today would be the day I finally take the paternity test. If it was up to me I wouldn't tell either of them and just be the single mom I planed on being. It wouldn't be right by my little one to not allow their dad in their life, so I'm gonna do the right thing.

Throwing on tights  and a matching sports bra I tied a jacket around my waist and put on some Nikes. I grabbed my bag and keys and drove over to their place. I texted them both last night my plans so they wouldn't be blind sided. Hopefully they cooperate so I can be in and out.

I parked in the parking lot and walked up to the door knocking. Usually I would walk in, but that's not my position anymore.

"Good morning Kali?" Israel answered the door shirtless with his glasses on.

"Morning." I smiled walking in straight to Devon's room first. I knocked on his closed door and it took him a minute before he answered it.

"Damn I forgot that easily. What I gotta do?" He yawned sitting on the bed. I opened my bag and took out the kit.

"Just swab that on your cheek for 15 seconds and put it in that container." I told him and stood there patiently waiting. His eyes never left my belly as he sat there swabbing.

I know deep down inside he is praying that it's child. Devon was definitely a family man so of course he wants a little him running around.

He placed in it the container, but never handed it over. He finally looked up tears in eyes. I'm usually not a softie, but the sight of him made me heart clench.

"Dev what's wrong?" I sighed sitting next to him on his bed.

"I could really be a father and that scares the shit out of me." His hands fumbled around so I slipped the container from his hand and wrote his name on the outside with a sharpie before putting it in my bag.

"Look don't stress over this right now. There's also that possibility that you're not. If you are I promise we'll get through this together okay, but until then relax." I tried my best to reassure him. I grabbed his hand and placed it onto my growing stomach.

"We'll cross that bridge when we get there in 2-3 days." I smiled at him getting up. I leaned down and kissed his cheek before leaving out to Jalen's room hoping he was here. Jalen has a room here, but also had a single room in a dorm.

I walked to the living room and there he sat with the others. I rolled my eyes because for some reason whenever he's around his friends he's a complete jackass.

"Jalen let's get this over with." I called out gaining the attention of everyone. They all looked between us smirking.

"Wassup sis." Gavin smiled and I scrunched my face up at the name. The only person that could call me that now was Dominik. I lost all respect for them when they let him talk to me any kind of way. I'm not saying take my side, but tell him the shit he was saying to me isn't cool.

"I'll be back boys." He smirked and I rolled my eyes my face still scrunched up.

"Boy shut the fuck up and come on." I turned around heading to his room not waiting for him. I pulled out the second container ready for him to do this real quick.

"Can we talk first?" He asked as soon as he shut the door.

"Not really I have an appointment and I'm not tryna be late so.." I trailed off shoving it into his hands.