Chapter 15

Nevaeh

The energy in the apartment has shifted and not for the better. It's like everyone is on edge with each other especially between Jayda and Angel. That was a fall out I wasn't expecting. I surprised myself by calling a mandatory house meeting.

"It's 9:00 on a Monday night Nevaeh. Why couldn't this wait until the weekend?" Kali whined as she dragged her self out of her room with a blanket wrapped around herself.

"Great everyone is here." I smiled sitting on a stool in front of them. Kali looked sleepy, Angel looked like she was ready to get this over with, and Jayda looked annoyed.

"So I think it's time we stop ignoring the elephant in the room and address some issues among the group." I said making Jayda let out a long sigh.

"Problem?" Angel snapped looking at her.

"But not in a hostile way. I want us to sit here one at a time and talk about it." I said and they all stared at me with blank faces.

"Okay I'll go first. Kali I don't like that you leave hair on the shower walls after your wash day."

She gasped, "Did Nevaeh just confront me about something? I am so appalled." She said smiling. Confrontation is a new area for me since I always try to avoid it, but someone had to take the initiative.

"Yes I did." I laughed softly.

"Well then in that case, I apologize and I'll try to do better on my behalf."

"Angel my only problem with you is that you come back from your workouts at 6 in the morning blasting music waking us up." I said and Kali agreed.

"Girl I be wanting to chuck that speaker off the balcony and across campus." Kali said glaring at her as she put her hands up in defense.

"That bass do be booming though." Angel laughed making us all laugh. There was a time I could've sworn my bed shook and I thought it was an earthquake. I woke up panicking just to realize the speaker dropped to the floor in the kitchen and it was the beat.

"Well if you don't mind me asking, but can you start using headphones?" I asked nicely.

"Nah forget that, bitch put on some headphones." Kali laughed and Angel rolled her eyes laughing, but she said she would from now on.

"Jayda I don't like how distant and closed off you've become." I said the moment dying and everyone got serious.

"I second that." Angel agreed.

"Of course you do since you always dick ridding." Jayda mumbled, but it was loud and clear. My eyes widen as Kali's face made an O and she looked in between the two.

"Lemme just do myself a favor and..." Kali said moving from in between them and over to the other side of the couch.

"Says the one that always got somebody dick in they mouth and I mean that literally." Angel turned to her.

"Yea you're boyfriend's." Jayda said sending Kali. I mean she got up and walked to me leaning on my back.

"Did she just say that shit? To Angel?" She was just as shook as I was. This girl talking was not Jayda at all.

"Girl bye, you wish Dontae wanted you. Might explain why you throw yourself at him when I'm not here." Angel rolled her eyes. Her foot began to bounce and I didn't know exactly what that meant.

"Should I stop this before it gets bad?" I whispered to Kali and she was intrigued that it took a minute for her to respond.

"Nah. Let them hash it out." She said back her eyes darted between the two as they went back and forth.