Chapter 4

Kali

Kali

After lunch we all came back and it was my nap so I went to Angel's room and laid down. What's wrong with mine? Nothing I just know she's loves to cuddle and I miss being held.

"Well excuse me." She said coming into her room before shaking her head and turning her tv on and lights off.

As soon as she laid down I laid on her. From the outside looking in we look gay as fuck. I honestly don't care though. This girl has turned into my lifeline.

Things at home have been shit to the point where I've been kicked out. Two pregnant people can't be under the same roof. Especially if they hate each other like my mother and I. So I've been staying in a condo close to my house. My dad checked in on me every day, but I was still mad at him for not having control over the situation. That's his house and his rules, so I'd wish he put that bitch in her place.

Flashback

"I can't keep this damn thing! It has ruined everything good in my life!" I yelled out as I cried holding myself on the couch.

"Kali listen to me okay? Before you go out and do something stupid give me 24 hours." She said from the phone.

"But-"

"Promise me you won't go do anything." She said sternly not leaving room for an argument.

"I promise." I whispered as I stared blankly at the black tv screen.

"You're not alone okay?" She reassured me, but I didn't believe her one bit. Nobody was here for me. Jalen blocked me on everything even my fucking email is blocked. My dad says he's happy for me, but deep down inside I know he is so disappointed in me.

"Kaila!" Angel yelled snapping me back.

"Okay Angel." I mumbled.

The next morning there she was on my doorstep with a suitcase. Without a word she pulled me into a hug I never knew I needed.

"You think you're gonna see him tonight?" She asked me making me take a deep breath.

"If I do then I do. I'm over him." I shrugged rolling my eyes.

"No you're not." She said making me turn to look at her.

"And how you know?" I asked her getting extremely defensive. I spent the moment he walked out of my life crying over him. So I am over him now.

She didn't say anything, just held up my left hand. My ring he gave me on that tragic day still sat beautifully on my manicured hands.

"If you were over him you would've been took this off." She said letting go.

"I know." I whispered laying back down. She held me tighter as I tried not cry...again.

••••