Chapter 9

Jayda

"Get the fuck up now!" Angel barged in my room making me groan, but not move.

"Jayda I am not playing with you. You missed class yesterday and I know how you get when you get behind. Your class starts in 45 minutes." She continued to go mommy mode on me.

"I don't want to." I mumbled my back still facing the door.

"No I let you lock yourself in this filthy room all weekend, but it's time for you to get your shit together. Now don't let me come up in here again or I swear to God you're gonna regret it." She said then I heard the door shut. Throwing a mini fit I kicked the covers off and just laid there starring at the ceiling.

Angel is right like always. I was a mess and haven't been myself since the break up. How can I when it feels as if a piece of my heart was left on that bench with Trevon.

I grabbed a towel and headed to the bathroom to take a short shower. Once I was out I brushed my teeth and put lotion on. I walked back into my room and immediately scrunched my nose. This room was very stuffy and just hot.

I made a mental note to clean up as I got dressed.

"You up bitch?" I heard Angel ask from the other side of the door.

"Yes." I called out looking for my white sandals. Today is going to be a good day because I won't allow anyone to change it otherwise. I grabbed my bag and keys and walked out to the kitchen.

"It's alive!" Angel yelled making me playfully roll my eyes. Always so dramatic.

"How you feel baby?" She asked as I made myself a bowl of lucky charms.

"Better. Thank you." I said sincerely stopping mid pour to look at her. She came over and hugged me.

"You're like the sister I never had. I'd do anything for you." She said making me pout and my bottom lip quiver.

"Aww shit. Don't start that crybaby mess Jayda." She mushed my head making me laugh.

I finished making my cereal before sitting on the stool and checking my phone as I ate. I checked to see where my class was and who my professor is. Then I made my way over to twitter for an early morning laugh to put me in a better mood.

"Class honeybun, lets go!" Angel walked out her room now dressed. We both had english together so this was about to be interesting.

"I love me some english can mess around and write an eight page paper in 2 hours. Get at me!" She said making me laugh as we walked arm in arm.

"You know maybe breaking up is for the better. That way I can focus on school and yea..." I spoke mostly to myself. Angel gave me a sympathetic smile. I know she's tired of hearing about the break up even if she won't say anything to me.

"Sorry sorry I'll shut up." I mumbled and she shook her head at me.

"I didn't say anything. If this is how you cope I'm all ears even if I do tune you out for a second and it may fall on deaf ears..I am still there." She smiled and I rolled my eyes smiling back.

I am so grateful for Angel and just so happy her room arrangements didn't turn out the way she wanted because if not I don't think we would've ever became friends. I love her honestly.

We made it to class with about 5 minutes to spare. We sat down towards the middle row then in walked Trevon and Khalil.

"No no God why." I mumbled looking down.

"Girl what is you- oh shit." Angel looked up from her phone and apparently made eye contact because she cursed under her breath.

"Wassup Jay." Khalil came over and gave me hug squeezing a little tighter for reassurance.