EPISODE 4

A week later, I'm back at the honorable's home

A week later, I'm back at the honorable's home. Okay, no Uyai's home. Since she insisted I call her by her given name. I sat in her office chair facing her, while she went through some documents. In my hand was my handy jotter and pen. I got this specifically for this job cause I want to be ready at all times.

"I need a short article on General Gowon Ben. Here" she tossed the documents to me. It landed in front of me with a thud and I just stared at it.

"Go through that. Be precise, get out every important detail. I want this article to be straight to the point"

One of her bodyguards came forward and handed me a black medium sized box. I hurriedly dropped my jotter and pen on my lap and collected the box from him.

"That's for you indefinitely. Even if you stop working for me, it'll always be yours" said Uyai.

"Thank you," I said, my voice filled with gratitude.

She nodded once at me.

I sat still with the box in my hand and stared at her. We said nothing.

She looked at me and I looked right back. Thinking; what do I do now?

"Well, go on now, go to work," she said suddenly. Breaking the silence.

I got up quickly with the box in my hand dropping my jotter and pen in the process.

"Dang" came the childish curse from my lips.

"I'll get that for you," said the bodyguard.

I looked up at him and smiled shyly, "thank you"

He nodded his head once after picking up my jotter and pen and placed them on the black box I was holding.

"Rago, why don't you take her to the room she'll be in whenever she'll have to stay here," said Uyai.

"Of course ma" he answered obediently.

And off we went. With me trudging right behind him with the black box in my hands.

................. ...................... ................... ................

Two hours had gone by and I was staring at my mac-pro screen. What I have written is enough to send a president to prison for life. This General Gowon is a snake in a sheep's clothing. Goodness me of all the things he has done, the worst is of him being a pedophile. How does he sleep at night? How does his wife sleep at night? Wait, does his wife even know he is a pedophile?

All these thoughts ran through my brain when I heard a mild knock on my door.

"Come in" I called taking my eyes off the screen to see who it is.

Uyai walked in.

"Are you done?" she asked. Sitting on the edge of my bed.

"This can't be published" I stated.