EPISODE 10

HASSAN

                                                                                       HASSAN

"I need to tell you something," I said to my best friend Sasha.

It's been a month and two weeks since the attempt on Uyai's life. Gbenga has gone M.I.A and chef is constantly checking up on me.

My head is about to explode from all that has been happening. If I don't talk to someone I'll run mad.

So I've decided to talk to Sasha and I'm telling her everything.

"What is it?" she asked. We were sitting on my bed in the bedroom of my apartment. After the attempt on Uyai's life, she told the media the next day to release all evidence on Hon. Gowon Ben. Now, he's on the run. The police, SARS and every protective law force in Nigeria are after him.

  She currently heard about a man called Maliki. He also is a Hon. And he totally hates her. She heard he is the leader of a notorious gang called the M.E.N the same gang that has killed countless politicians and citizens and are currently suspects for the death of Hon Isyaku Bello's wife. She's gathering evidence that will put him too behind bars.

 The security in her home is tighter than before. Her guards are more aggressive when it comes to protecting her. Hassan my own bodyguard is always on high alert when protecting me. He says after Uyai, I am the next most important person in the house {apart from her family}

Shocking right? Yeah, I know. But come to think of it, chef also said the same thing.

Anyway, I looked at Sasha.

"Things have been happening," I said.

"Okay?" she answered, "what things?"

I inhaled deeply and told her every single thing that has happened to me in the past two months.

It took a while but once I was done, I felt a weight leave my shoulders, it was a huge relief.

Sasha observed me critically.

"You're actually not pulling my legs"

I shook my head. Then began to arrange my pillows behind me on my headboard.

Suddenly, I felt a sharp pain on my thighs.

"Ouch! Did you just pinch me? I asked, rubbing the pain away.

Sasha was glaring at me.

"You've been going through all these alone and you never told me? What? I'm no longer your best friend?"

"I'm sorry, I'm under a strict, written contract that I'm not supposed to break. I couldn't tell you or anyone close to me"

"Hmmm" she drawled like a typical African American woman in her wild fifties.