EPISODE 6

Chapter 6.

INTELLIGENCE AND PROTECTION AGENCY { I.P.A}

The next day.

It was broad daylight. Chief Freya Bamidele stood in his office. He wore a black suit that brought out his heavy biceps with a grey tie. His gun hostler was on his desk and he was facing his window, looking out into nothing and just thinking. He had a case to solve. One that involves the death of Mrs. Bello, the third wife to Hon. Isyaku Bello.

He couldn't fathom why anyone would have a reason to kill a vibrant young lady for nothing. All because she's married to a politician.

A knock sounded on his brown, carved, wooden door.

"Come in" he called in a deep voice.

A lady in a trouser suit walked in.

"Sir" she called in a firm voice.

"Yes. Agent Dara"

"Everyone has gathered sir"

"Thank you. I'll be there in a minute" he replied.

He heard his door close with a light click. Still gazing outside, he inhaled a deep breath, turned to his desk, picked up his folder and went to face his team. Time to solve this case once and for all.

...................

"Anything new?" asked Chief Freya as he walked into what they call the "con room"

All heads faced him. Men and women dressed in trouser suits except for the suit jacket, with hostlers on their waists or shoulders. The men were built -ready for battle and so were the women {not built, but fit}

The room had a long, largely black, oval table where they sat with their files laying flat on it.

Although the windows were closed, the blinds were up, letting sunlight stream in.

A lady stood up. Detective Jackie. The second in command.

"Sir, nothing yet," she said.

Chief Freya exhaled frustratingly.

"Are you kidding me?" He gritted out.

"We are still on it sir. We've got witnesses"

He just stared at her.

She bent her head down and sat down slowly.

Someone cleared their throat cause the room was a tad bit uncomfortable and awkward.

"Let's go through this again" Chief Freya broke into the silence, "Mrs. Bello was kidnapped on a Wednesday night after having a girls' night out with some of her friends. Normally they do this outing on a Friday but because she was meant to travel to Dubai on Saturday, they decided to have that outing on a Wednesday.