EPISODE 7

CHAPTER 7.

....................................

It's been two days now since the chef has told me I'm going to die. How absurd is that? I mean who goes around telling people they will die? No sane person that's for sure.

I haven't spoken to him or seen him. If he knows I'm going to die then he's probably the one planning my death and not some other person. I won't be surprised seeing as he knew where I was when those kidnappers tried taking me the other night. I mean how did he know I'll be there at that exact moment?

"Ireyi"

I looked up.

"What are you doing here?" I stared at a man I haven't known well since I got into this house. He's kinda like a ghost or a lone-wolf.

I was sitting at the pool with just my feet swinging in the clear blue water. The pool is big, like really big. I think Uyai has the biggest pool in this area.

The man sat down beside me. His shoes were off so, he dipped his feet in too.

"Well, I was just thinking" I started.

"About what? If I may ask" his voice sounded calm, cajoling, enticing, attractive.... Men I can go on. Bottom line, I love his voice.

I couldn't help myself, I had to speak. It's like I was on a drug that forces people to speak without that person knowing he/she was doing so.

"I have a lot on my mind," I said

"Like?" he asked.

I was about to spill out everything but then we got interrupted.

"Ireyi"

We both looked up.

It was the chef.

.............................................

CHEF.

I was looking for Ireyi. I haven't seen her today. I'm a bit worried. That smell is still in the air and it's getting stronger. When she's outside the house and I happen to be there too, the smell is mild. But once she comes in, it gets really strong, like really strong to the point that I almost get sick smelling it.

This only means one thing.

Her killer is in this house.

So, I have to look for her because anyone is a suspect right now.

I walked around asking other workers in the house if they've seen her. But they all said no.

Okay, I'm beginning to not like this.

I kept walking though.

I went to the dining room.

Nothing.