EPISODE 15

"Mrs. Uyai. You have a visitor" said the guard. It was broad daylight. I sat in my cell and watched him unlock it. I stood up and walked to the door cell.

"Turn around" he commanded.

I did so.

"Hand behind your back" he continued in his commanding tone.

I obliged.

He cuffed me and turned me around. I stepped out of the cell waiting for my next instruction.

But without reason, he pushed me, "move" he demanded in a loud voice.

I really don't know why he has to act like a dumb fool. But maybe there's no other way he can act because it's what he is.

He directed me to the visitor's room by pushing me aggressively on my shoulders. I said nothing. I just kept moving.

When we got into the room, I stopped. This is because the face I was seeing wasn't a face I thought I would see while in prison.

The face gave a nod of his head indicating I take a seat across the table in front of him.

I did so. But with caution.

The mouth on the face spoke.

"You're still alive"

"Apparently" I replied.

"You shouldn't be" the mouth continued.

"Says who?" I asked.

"Me," said the mouth.

I stared at it. It smirked and then got up.

"But you'll be dead soon Uyai, I can guarantee that"

Then he walked out.

I watched him leave knowing full well that if I'm not out of here before the end of the week, I'll be dead.

.................

Gbenga stood at the long table. Blood was dripping down from almost all sides. He had some gloves on and a machete on his hand along with various brands of knives all lined up for use. He cocked his head to the side as he stared down at the dead corpse he was dismembering.

"You should have just said yes," he said to the corpse, "none of this would have happened if you said yes"

The corpse stared back at him with dead, soulless eyes. It was a maid in Uyai's home.

...............

Later that day.

{I.P.A}

CHEF.

"I told you the grenades will be of good use," said James. He's been yammering about how smart he is for bringing the grenade along during our mission to Maliki's fortress.

"Guy, it's okay na. You've been talking about this for hours" I stated, totally fed up with his pride.

"Abeg, forget that. I no go stop. This is my time to make mouth"

I rolled my eyes as we walked to Chief Freya's office to have a little chat with him.

"Anyway, what do you think the chief will think about our proposal?"

I shrugged, "hopefully, he'll like it. Cause I really like that woman" I answered.

James nodded his head, "Yeah, me too. She's hot"

"James!" I exclaimed.

"What? It's true na"

I shook my head. I can't believe a guy like James works in an Agency like this. I mean, this Agency is for smart, and well-qualified people. How did he manage to scale through every test with flying colors?