EPISODE 11

I got up shaking like a leaf. The men outside were trying to break down the door. One of the maids came to me.

"Armed robbers, we should call the police"

I nodded my head.

Chef walked passed us, he was holding a gun. Where did he get a gun from?

"Everybody, go to the room"

"The what?" I asked.

"The maids know what I'm talking about" he replied.

I looked at them.

"Let's go," one said, taking charge.

She turned around and began to walk with a purpose, determined not to die today.

Everyone followed her except me. Because Stupid me decided to ask questions.

"Who gave you the gun you're holding? Can you even use it? I think it's better we call the police"

"The police are useless right now," he said.

"But they could be of help" I defended.

"How? When these men are almost done breaking down this door? And what are you doing here? Didn't I tell you to leave?"

"I'm not going anywhere" I answered determinedly.

He looked at me then shrugged, "suit yourself"

And that's when the door came through.

.......................................

Outside the vicinity.

The two men stood outside the house in the dark. Watching the men work.

"They are taking too long," one said.

"They'll be out soon" another replied.

More gunshots were heard.

.......................

I stood as I watched chef beat the shit out of the five masked men that came in. Why didn't he just shoot them with his gun?

He fought them and also blocked them from coming to me. Who the hell is this dude?

He gave one an uppercut, held another by his neck while he kicked another in the face. The one he was holding by the neck, he released then cleared him down and gave him a punch that knocked him out.

The two that were left moved around him slowly making him move too. He was calm but he moved and looked at them like a predator.

"Who sent you?" he asked.

"Oh, wouldn't you like to know?" one said.

Goodness me, he speaks well, he might be educated.

"We came for the girl. We don't want to hurt you or anyone"

"You already did" chef replied.

The first that spoke before said, "Well, he tried being the hero of the day. When that's plain stupid. He doesn't even have a gun"

As they conversed, more men came in.

My heart took up its suitcase and was ready to hurl out of my mouth when I noticed the men were ours. They were Uyai's men, but they were not alone. These men came along with some other men that I have no clue of who they are.

......................................

A while later.