EPISODE 8

Uyai's Home.

I stared at the man I've been friends with for the past two days. He's the boss's husband's brother?

Wait did he just say his house?

"Ah.... Excuse me"

All eyes moved to me.

Oh boy, what have I done?

Me and my big mouth.

Well, I've gotten their attention, I better speak now.

I looked at Gbenga, "Technically the house belongs to Uyai. She's your brother's wife. They are joined together" I clasped my hands together in a demonstration, "meaning they are one. So the house is actually hers too. You're just his brother"

Someone giggled.

The room stayed quiet.

I kept my eyes on him. But the look he gave me sent chills down my spine. I have never seen a scarier look in my life. He looked..... sinister.

After he had given me that scary look, he turned around and walked out. The office stayed silent then Uyai spoke.

"Get back to work"

And we did.

A month later.

"You haven't gotten her," Fia'zah said. Sitting at the round table with other members of the group. They were in a secluded place an office building to be precise. With every worker gone, they could do their business in secret but unknown to them, someone was watching them from afar. With his goggles in place, he could see every one of them. His breathing was silent as he lay on his tummy at the top of a building taking in what they were doing. Sure he couldn't hear what they were saying but he could tell they were planning something. Something that'll involve Ireyi and Uyai.

His mission is to make sure they are safe and that the group called the M.E.N are caught. Along with their leader.

At first, he suspected Uyai to be the leader, that's why he got assigned to be her chef. But now he knows that she isn't the villain but the victim.

Looking at them through his googles, he's very certain that the leader is among these group of people and one of them lives under the same roof as Uyai.

Gbenga.

..................

Back in the office where they gathered, Gbenga stared straight ahead stone-faced. Hon. Maliki sat at the head of the table looking bored out of his mind. Others just sat docile not saying anything.

"Why hasn't Ireyi been captured yet?" Fai'zah spoke. Breaking the strange feeling in the atmosphere.

"She will be," Gbenga said.

"When" Fai'zah retorted.

"Watch it" Maliki warned.

She faced him, "I should watch it? Watch what? It's been a month now and that girl is still moving about freely like a bird that just knew how to fly. He {she pointed at Gbenga} told us a month ago that Uyai has gotten every proof needed to put Ben in prison for eternity"

"I no won go prison," Ben said, staring at his fingers.

"She needs to be caught" Fai'zah continued.

"And I said she will be. I need to get her trust first" Gbenga said irritably.

"Her trust? What, what, trust... just kidnap her for crying out loud. How hard can it be? She lives under the same roof as you. Why is it so...."