EPISODE 5

3 weeks four days later.

I walked out of my house at six on a Sunday evening. I was ordered by Uyai to report to her base immediately. I don't know why I'm speaking macho/military/army speak right now but I am.

So anyway, I'm meant to have my bodyguard with me at all times. But seeing as it is a Sunday, my bodyguard isn't with me. Yes I know he's meant to be with me but he's usually off on Sundays. And by the way, I don't think I need a bodyguard. I'm totally safe. Like totally.

I rushed out and immediately saw a cab slowing down right in front of my gate. It was like God sent the cab to me.

"Madam, you dey go?" asked the cab guy. He looked normal. Not like a kidnapper or a rapist. But I mean I don't think anyone can tell who a kidnapper or a rapist is. Just have to trust God for his protection.

"Yes," I answered. Then I told him the address I was heading to.

"Na 500 naira oh" he replied.

"No problem" I answered. Then got in as fast as I could.

A few distances to Uyai's home, the cab stopped. It was a bit dark and for some strange reasons, the street lights were off. So the street was a bit dark too. I felt very uneasy and uncomfortable. Why did the cab stop? Is anything wrong with the cab?

"Oga. Watin happen?" I asked from the back seat of where I sat.

He didn't say anything.

"Oga" I called again.

No response.

"Oga" I called more loudly this time.

Still no response.

T'was then I knew something was really wrong.

One; he came directly to me. Like he was waiting for me to come out. Two; the cab stopped for no reason. It didn't show any sign of having a problem. And lastly, the cab guy is strangely quiet. Refusing to respond to me.

My gut was telling me to flee. Like in the South African saying "Baleka". And Baleka I did. I opened the door with my bag tightly held in my second hand and ran.

"Madam!" yelled the driver.

"Shit. She's escaping" said an unknown voice from somewhere in the dark. I didn't care to check who it was. I kept running.

"Get her. Don't let her escape!" yelled an additional voice.

Oh my God, I'm about to get kidnapped! I was running and I was scared shitless. So I did what anybody scared shitless would do.

I screamed.

On my fifth take of screaming {yeah, I counted}, I was grabbed around my waist. My back hit a solid wall of chest and I knew this was the end of me. But I wasn't going to go down without a fight. So I struggled and I kept screaming.

"Where's the handkerchief? We need to put her to sleep" said the guy holding me.

I struggled in earnest knowing this was getting worse.

Oh God, Uyai said I would be in danger working for her. I take back what I said before. I'm not safe.

It wasn't up to a minute, I was let go immediately and roughly. I stumbled on my feet to keep steady. Then I heard an umph sound and then a loud thud. Some heavy breathing along with a grunt. Then silence.

All these happened within a minute.

I looked around confused.

At first, I saw outlines of men. Three of them to be exact.