232 11 27

Eijun was nervous about studying with Nozomi in the cafeteria. he knew Miyuki was going to say something to upset her and she wouldn't want to help Eijun study again.

but he smiled, seemingly unafraid, as he led his new found friend into the cafeteria for the team. they both set their things down onto an empty table before going to get their food. Eijun had promised her she could get food from the cafeteria while she helped him study. she had agreed happily, and right now she looked overjoyed as she looked at the tray of food she held.

they went and sat down, but were immediately surrounded by his teammates. Tojo, Kanemaru, Kuramochi and Miyuki all sat down beside and across from them. Haruichi and Furuya sat down a couple moments after.

"who's your friend, Sawamura?" Miyuki asked teasingly. "what's her name?"

"her name is Nura Nozomi," she said calmly. "and she can answer any questions you have about her."

Miyuki sat up straight, looking a little bewildered. but he smirked.

"what made you want to help out Sawamura?" Kanemaru asked suddenly, looking at Nozomi expectantly.

"well, he asked nicely, so i said yes. a lot of people ask for help but they're rather rude about it," Nozomi said. "but Sa'amura is quite nice."

"ha! you should hear him out on the field! he's as loud as ever!" Kuramochi exclaimed, pointing at said boy with his chopsticks.

"well sure. but his loudness is encouraging, no? it gets all of you hyped and whatnot?"

Sawamura fell in love with her right then and there. sure, it was probably superficial and not actual love, but his heart swelled three sizes bigger when she talked about him kindly like that.

"i mean, you're not wrong about that," Haruichi cut in. "and Eijun, didn't you bring her here to study? what happened to that?"

Eijun looked a little startled at being called out, but he laughed.

"yeah, i guess i did! so, you ready to get started, Nura?" he asked her happily before stuffing food into his mouth.

"well, how 'bout we finish eating and then study? the test isn't for a few days so if you need it, i can help you study every lunch until the test," she offered.

"oh, sure, sure! we can totally do that!" Eijun exclaimed. "so fuel yourself! then we get down to business!"

Nozomi smiled brightly. "alright, Sa'amura. let's eat."

i just love his ability to befriend anyone. also Nozomi slurring his name. as you could tell, she doesn't pronounce the 'w' in his name and it's just a stretched out 'a' sound before the 'mura'. i think it's cute.

i was really excited to publish this chapter so i hope you liked it!! :)