172 10 37

"as for the ace number. . this summer i'm going with Sawamura."

Eijun's whole world came to a standstill. he got the ace number? he's gonna be the ace this summer?

"are you going to come get it?" Coach said, holding out the square to Eijun.

"yes sir!" he yelled, coming forward to take it from his hands.

"i'm counting on you this summer," Kataoka said.

"yes sir!" he repeated, going back to his place in line.

his mind was in a whirlwind as the rest of the players received their numbers. i have to tell Nozomi was on a constant loop in his head.

when they were finally free to go, Eijun practically sprinted out of the room. Kuramochi snickered as he watched him go.

"probably off to tell Nozomi," Miyuki said, smiling at the thought of Eijun telling Nozomi as he stumbled over his words.

"those two need to hurry up and just date already. it's getting annoying knowing they aren't,"  Kuramochi said, crossing his arms over his chest.

while his teammates were slowly walking out of the indoor practice area, Eijun was bolting down different hallways, making his way to Nozomi's dorm. he just hoped she wasn't too busy.

he was waving the number around like it was a flag as he ran, and Eijun came to a skidding stop in front of her dorm. he knocked loudly on the door and waited patiently for it to open.

as soon as it did, he let out a breathless laugh. "i'm the ace." his was out of breath, but he was as happy as could be.

Nozomi flung herself at him, just as happy. "Eijun! i'm so proud of you! i knew you would get the ace number!" she laughed loudly, and the two commenced a hugging fest outside of her dorm.

and in that moment, Eijun knew it was the perfect time. he knew that in that moment would be the best time to tell her.

"i love you Nozomi." he spat it out before he chickened out.

"i love you too, Eijun." her response was immediate, and he grinned even wider. how could this moment get any better?

"do you want to be my girlfriend?" he asked, hugging her tighter.

"of course you dummy! i don't love you for nothing." they didn't even break the hug. apparently the moment could get better.

"god, i love you!" he exclaimed, backing up from the hug a bit. he started showering her face in small, butterfly kisses. she laughed, holding onto his shoulders.

"i love you too!" she yelled, burying her face into his chest. as much as she didn't want to admit it, his kisses tickled a bit.

so, the new couple stood in the hallway, swaying back and forth as they hugged. neither one wanted it to end.

"Eijun?" Nozomi said finally, still breathless. he hummed in response. "i have to pee."

"way to ruin the moment, Nozomi." she just giggled and dragged him into her dorm.

the moment wasn't actually ruined. nothing could ruin it.

both of them were on top of the world.

--------

before i say anything else i just want to clarify that since nozomi is in the regular dorms, i would think each dorm room has their own bathroom that the roommates share between them. thank you for your time.

BUT WE DID IT. THEY FINALLY CONFESSED. I WAS SMILING LIKE AN IDIOT WHILE I WROTE THIS HOLY SHIT.

AND EIJUN GOT THE ACE NUMBER AAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

i just want to thank each and every one of my readers, who have been here since day one. all of you guys motivated me to continue this book and to publish only the best i can do. i love all of you!!! and so does eijun <33333

the book will be over in a few more chapters. youre probably thinking "WHAT? this isnt the end?" and no. it isnt. like 2 or 3 more chapters and thats it. its been really fun guys.

if you want to tell me your overall thoughts on the book feel free!! i love reading all your comments and chatting with all of you!!!!

i have had the best time writing this book. i dare say its my best yet.

i will definitely miss this when it's all over, but dont fret. i have multiple other ongoing books at the moment so i cant be gone for long!

i love you all. i hope you enjoyed :)

see you soon!