― 09. pretty as art

"HERE HAVE some headache meds

"HERE HAVE some headache meds." Nana says, tossing Pippa a pill bottle out of nowhere. She's lounging on the couch holding her arm across her eyes/forehead trying to stop the pain

She almost drops it but is able to hold onto the bottle, even though her eyes are hardly opened as she squints trying to see. Pippa's hungover; woke up with a splitting headache and practically rushing to get to the toilet. A pounding head mixed with light sensitivity is never a good thing, she's in pain and regretting all the alcohol from last night.

And especially so when George waltzed through the door, saw their state, and started going off. Oh he was furious at them for sneaking off without anyone knowing where they went. So they're stuck in the room until further notice with no will to argue as he fumed bright red.

"I don't even remember half of what happened at the club," Pippa mutters, opening the bottle and peering at the small red pills. She mentally notes that she needs to go grab some water.

"Hmm it'll come back. I remember finally meeting some hot guys and getting my game back."

"Well I definitely had too much to drink then, because all that," Pippa points as she tries to smile, getting up from the couch to go grab water, "is blurry. Sucks that we're stuck here."

"Yes, but if we had asked to go out you know your grandpa wouldn't have let us." by now they know how George is well enough, he's hard headed and difficult, but he cares a lot even if he shows it in odd ways. They definitely wanted to break down into tears as he yelled at them, but by now they don't care.

"Exactly," Pippa rolls her eyes, "I can't believe we're grounded, like elementary kids!"

"It's mental is what it is. I say we just sneak out again, it's not like he left guards right outside our door- I checked." Nana says, "I can't just stay cooped up, like I want to go out more now that we're being told me can't."

"At this rate we might as well suffer for a day, I'm sure he won't stay mad for too long." Pippa tries to reason with her, "tomorrow is a new day."

"Let's hope for our sakes, though I could use some more sleep and I guess this'll help." she groans stretching out on the love seat, "still too bright, even with those curtains closed. Sucky curtains letting light in."

They go quiet because their bodies feel drained, honestly they feel dead inside. Hangovers are the worst but they'd never stop drinking. The two, they look like two dead girls, laying in the dark with smudged old makeup and baggy clothes on. Thankfully Pippa's heads beginning to feel better as she gets comfier on the couch...