Chapter 1: Winnaya

June 13, 2026
7:30 P.M.
Helios Station

My fingers tapped across the computer keys. The feeling of the oddly-shaped plastic cubes felt...weird, but relaxing. I felt comfortable being alone in my office, listening to the peace and quiet. I've had little to no headaches and just listening to the peace and quiet gives me a smile.

Ever since my employer had promoted me to his PA, I've been given a better life. I have a better living quarters, I'm given more Eridium than I had been given before, and a better paying salary. But, alas, he doesn't treat me like I'm a good person.

I mean, he does, but he also has his moments. An occasional "Pandoran scum." will escape under his breath, acting like it can not be heard by the nearest ear. Yet, I am able to still hear the distasteful mutter of his insults. However, that is only occasional. I do not speak up towards him because who knows what would occur if I did. That's why I choose to never speak unless spoken to.

A faint call from HIS office was heard and the other PA looked across from her unorganized desk to mine, which had every item placed into a tray, basket, or any to hold such items that used to lay askew on my desk.

She was an easily frightened, young female, but she was very beautiful. She had light brown hair that had been placed into multiple braids, connecting into one giant braid, that reached her mid back. Her face was almost an ivory shade with a few freckles running across her cheeks and the bridge of her nose. She, by her looks, looked around to be maybe 21 or 22 years old. No indent or scar had been seen to be placed on her face. However, on the other hand, the more worrying she does...the more her bodily systems could change that for her in a quick flash. But, back on the age topic. I knew a boy...back in school. He had brown hair and blue tattoos on the left side of his body. He had the most extravagant brown eyes you could lose yourself in. Then, he left...and I never saw him again.

But, I know there is a man around here that that started to work here at the age of 19. Now, he is 21 I believe. I started to work here when I was 18. Now, I'm sitting here, at the age of 20, taking orders from a man who does not even appreciate the work I do for him and his company.

I continued to watch her stare at me as he continued to call from inside his office. I sighed and stood up from my desk, ready to take on another task from the employer. Of course, before I could get through the door, something caused the building to shake a little bit and I fell back. I looked back as I heard the young female scream. I got up quickly, walked to her, and pulled her under the desk as the shaking continued.

Everything was falling off of the desks and I looked at the door. I only knew that I would be safe in that office. I grabbed the woman's arm and helped her out from under the desk. I guided us both into his office so we could find out what was going on.

"Mr. Tassiter, what is going on? The building is shaking and everything is falling off from everything" I stated. He turned to me and looked at us. The only response was a hand motion for us to come towards him.

"Just sit down and I will try to find out." He replied, quickly and sternly. I turned on his computer and used his ECHO to communicate with someone else.

"Jack, what the hell is going on? I'm getting reports of alarms all over Helios." His tone in his voice sounded almost laced with disgust. But, I do know who he is talking to. He is a Hyperion programmer. He assisted me in order to fix my ECHO communicator.

As Jack answered, I could hear the lie he was spouting to Mr. Tassiter. "Uh, nothing, sir, everything's fine. Just uh -one of the Claptrap units tried french kissing a light socket. Sir."

Mr. Tassiter rolled his eyes at the programmer's response. "Need I remind you that you are there to observe Pandora, nothing more! If you incur any damages to the Helios Space Station, I will personally-"

"Ahhh, (kzzt) sorry sir, we're (kzzt) losing connection, I can't... sir..." the response infuriated Mr. Tassiter...but what was said next made him even more that infuriated, "Asshole."

I had to try to contain my giggling so I was not yelled at, or even fired. "What?" Mr. Tassiter said, acting surprised that he was called an asshole by a programmer whom worked beneath him.

"I called you an asshole cause I thought I hung up? My bad." He replied. I could bet that he wasn't really sorry for what he said.

Mr. Tassiter gritted his teeth. "We will speak again, John." He ended the ECHO communication line and growled. His attitude was laced with hatred towards the low level programmer and he knew that he could take him down...one way or the other.

"Sir, did you find out?" I asked, acting as if I did not hear any of the programmer's responses.

He turned to me. "Get out." I stood up and left the other female there because I was too horrified by the way his voice snarled at me.

When I exited the room, every item in the hallway was strewn everything. I walked past everything, taking quick and careful steps, and taking the quick way...exiting the through the customer service area. But, before I took another step, my mind pondered and heavily thought on one thing...what is going on down there?

I turned around and took a fast travel to wherever the programmer was and his ECHO located him at the moonshot cannon loading dock area. I typed in the location and I was off to the loading dock of the moonshot cannon.

It felt like I didn't even move, but I had landed in the Moonshot cannon loading dock. Red lights and alarms were crowding my vision and I saw more soldiers walk in. I heard Jack say "Oh, crap." and his fist swung down onto a button on the control panel.

I felt an arm around my body and a gun was held to the side of my head, the barrel touching the side of my head. I stood still as if I were frozen. Yet, I was frozen...in fear.

I looked down, and I saw a clock. It read 9:50.