Chapter 6: Winnaya

June 14, 2026
12:50 P.M.
Concordia

We arrived in Concordia and I held onto Jack's hand tightly, scared to let go. He looked at me from time to time, but he gripped my hand tightly, but it was a gentle squeeze. I saw more people walk up to him and I hid behind him.

Then, an intercom sounds off. "Fellow Concordians, I urge you to remain calm. The battle raging above us is NO cause for alarm. The laser striking the surface is merely speculating for deposits. For your own safety, Concordia will remain locked down for the next several weeks. That is all!" The intercom sounded and it turned off.

"Jack, how will we get there now?" I asked.

He paced around back and forth. "Screw this. Let's go pay him a visit. Like I said, don't get trigger-happy. If he's got info, I don't wanna hear him gurgle it through blood. He has horrible diction to start with."

He walked off and I run up to him to keep up with him. "How are we going to get up there if it's locked?"

"The Merrif's elevator is sealed, remember?" Athena stated. I looked back at Jack. He looked frustrated.

"That's just great" he said, and let out a groan of frustration. I could tell he was mad. He had a roadblock in the mission and I know he didn't want the help from anyone, but it has to be done.

Moxxi piped in. "I do have a recording of the Merrif talking sexy to Sereena, the custom bot's favorite squeeze." Maybe that could work.

"Jack that could work. We could-" I said, but I was interrupted by Jack.

"Nah, that wouldn't work" Jack said in a pessimistic tone. I was going to say blackmail. I know it could work.

A Jack look alike look at the real Jack. "Well, remember that recording we got of the Meriff and the geisha bot-thingy? We could use that to blackmail our way in. Maybe" I swear...if he took my idea-

"Yahtzee! Let's go find ourselves one soon-to-be outraged Customs CL4P-TP! Get that recording ready Mox" Jack ordered. I am going to explode in a minute.

I stomped behind Jack and followed him with my arms crossed. I was really pissed off. Jack went along with and idea that I had and someone else took credit for it.

"Hey, you okay?" He asked. I grunted in response and continued walking.

He grabbed my arm and pulled me behind a customization machine. "Hey, what is up with you?"

"I'm fine, Jack" I stayed sternly and tried to walk away, but I felt his hand grip my arm again.

Jack forcefully turned me around to face him. "Winnaya, don't you give me that bullshit."

I shook my arm away from his grip. "I'm fine."

I walked away, but then he pulled me back once more. Not to yell, but to kiss me in a rough manner. I could feel the anger...but I could also feel the passion put into the kiss. I kissed back with as much force as I could, but his lips dominated mine. He pulled away from the loss of breath between us.

I panted, and my chest had risen and fallen heavily. "That was...literally breathtaking." He chuckled and leans his forehead against mine.

"So now will you tell me what your deal was back there?" He asked. I groans and looked down. Now he ruined it.

"Jack. You ruined the moment." I said in a monotone, yet annoyed, manner. He sighed.

He grabbed my hand and slightly pulled me along with him to go find a Customs ClapTrap Unit. I mean, I did see a claptrap unit here. Of course, it was the security detail worker. Speaking of the little robot, we saw him at yelling at a door.