Chapter 10: Winnaya

June 15, 2026
8:30 A.M.
Concordia

Jack and I headed down to Moxxi's bar and there stood the Vault Hunters. Plus, the two retired Vault Hunters were there too.

Jack clasped his hands together. "Alright, here we go, everybody. The jamming signal's down, we've got a robot army, and it's time to get back to Helios and turn off that death-laser." I smiled at his determination to end this fight once and for all.

The red headed female looked at us. "Roland and I will head up with you guys and provide support." That's the man's name...noted.

Of course, Moxxi had to involve herself in the conversation too. "And I'll be cheerin' you on from the cozy confines of this cantina." Of course you will, you're a scaredy cat anyway. I smirked at my comment, but I decided that the comment was the least of my worries.

"I dunno how hairy things have gotten up there, so... be prepared for anything" Jack replied with uncertainty, which only scared me more. I loaded up bullets into my assault rifle, my pistols, my sniper rifle, and two sub-machines. I was preparing for blood shed...there was going to be a lot. I just know it.

Jack chimed in once more. "Let's go. We'll fast travel up there first. You follow behind." Jack grabbed my hand and started to put in the location. In the blink of an eye, we were on the Helios Station.

As Jack and I walked off of the platform, only a few of the Vault Hunters appeared. "Jack, where are all of the Vault Hunters at?"

He looked back, then our ECHO sounded. "Where is everybody?"

I could tell that was Roland. "Crap. I think we're on the other side of Helios." That was the other female...what was her name again? Winnaya, not important...focus.

Jack sighed in frustration. "Crap. Looks like the fast travel split us all up. Doesn't change the plan, though: get to the Eye of Helios command center, shut the laser down WITHOUT damaging it, save the moon, and be hailed as a hero forever. Sound good? Course it does." Okay, we are all split up...great.

Jack, the 3 Vault Hunters with us, and myself walk through the Hub of Heroism, but bullets start flying past us and we took cover as quickly as we could. More of Zarpedon's troops invaded the room and I rolled my eyes. Fuck my life...hope I live after this.

I grabbed my SMG and flipped over the little concrete divider, letting bullets rain. I took down 2 troops with my first round of bullets. I felt an arm wrap around my body, and knowing that it was a trooper, I grabbed a troop and flipped him over my shoulders into 3 other troops as the Vault Hunters kept me protected with their bullets. Of course, that wasn't all that happened. A gun shot sounded and I dropped to the floor as the first instinct and I grabbed my small knife as a troop tried to shoot me from behind, turning around and stabbing him in the head as he ran straight towards me.

After those kills, it's like my adrenaline wanted me to continue...and that's what I did. I grabbed my pistol and used my abilities to my advantage during the massacre, phase locking troops and electrocuting them. All of the troops were eventually dead and heavy breathing was all that could be heard.

Then, without surprise, Tassiter's annoying ass voice was heard through our ECHO devices. "John? W-what the hell are you doing?! I fired you!"
Ugh, can't this guy just back the fuck off of Jack. I swear...he would like Jack to fuck him in the ass and for Jack to make him his bitch.