Chapter 12: Winnaya

June 15, 2026
7:30 P.M.
Outfall Pumping Station

Jack was yelling at the Vault Hunters to blast a ship out of the sky and they continued to question him. I know you're stressed Jack, but you can't yell at everyone. What am I kidding? He can't hear my mind and it's thoughts.

"No! You let your enemies live, they shoot you in the back! I don't want any surprises! I don't want any SURVIVORS! You blow that ship to hell, and you do it NOW!" He yelled. I flinched at his tone of voice, but I sighed. Just do what he says and go on with life. I hugged him from behind as he viewed the battlefield of the Vault Hunters.

They took down the ship and went to their coordinates. "Mmm, I've got a niggling feeling I'm going to regret this." That was Aurelia, and I have a feeling something is going to happen if they continue.

"You know I'm going with you, right? No matter what you say, I'm going with you to the Vault" I stated. He sighed and nodded in an understanding manor. I know he didn't want me to go, but he knows he is not going to win this battle. Just remember that I will win this argument, Jack.

"YES! Push forward, I'll meet you down there. We're getting close -- hooo-oo-ooo, I can FEEL IT!" He laughed and held a hand on my arms wrapped around his waist. His thumb ran across my arm and I smiled.

The Vault Hunters has arrived to their location of the Vault. "Oh, man, I'm psyched about this -- can you see it? That's where we're going! It's got my name written all over it, hahaha! Am I shaking? Do I look like I'm shaking? Lookatme, lookatme, am I -- Oh right, you can't see me. Imagine me. Shaking. I'm shaking!" I smiled at him because of his childish behavior. He was happy so I was happy.

To ruin the moment, welcome Lilith, the stupid bitch siren who tried to kill my boyfriend. "Here's the score, Jack..." I growled in annoyance and so did he.

"Oh hey, Lilith. How you been?" He asked sarcastically.

She spoke once more. "Jack -- you and your Vault Hunters have one chance to leave this place. I'm really hoping you don't, but--" I'm gonna kill this bitch myself before Jack. She messed with the wrong girl.

He cut her off. "--Hooooo, baby, you're gonna look real pretty dying. All that ego and sass just oozin' outta bullet holes."

Then, he looked at the screen. Yes, before you ask, we fixed a console and connected it to his ECHO. "Alright -- in we go! Let's get in there and make me famous." I was worried, but what was worrying me? Something is going to go wrong and someone is gonna get hurt...I just know it.

The Vault Hunters went into the Vault and there stood the Vault protector...the Sentinal. "Hey, is somethin' following you? Getting some weird readings that, uh... Ah, forget it, it's probably nothin'. Let's keep moving!" Wait, what could possibly follow them? Oh no...is it Lilith? She was hoping we didn't leave the Vault!

"J-Jack, I-I think Li-Lilith is in t-the V-V-Vault with them" I stuttered, "I-I have th-that feeling s-she's there."

Jack turned to me and held me close to his side tightly. "We are just fine, Winnaya. I promise you."

We watched as the Vault Hunters fought the Sentinal. A few of them had to respawn a few times, but after a while the Sentinal was defeated. That's it...we did it. We got a Vault! I hugged Jack and cheered. We ran to the fast travel and hurried to the Vault. As we entered, I ran off to collect some money and guns, along with other gear and riches dropped. The others collected their stuff and then we all joined Jack. Then, everyone looked at me, but I turned to my right and I saw a Vault Symbol. What the hell is this thing?

"Big bastard, wasn't he? Nicely done. Keep an eye out for that creepy red one -- I don't wanna get interrupted" he said, and looked over in my direction, "Wait... what? That's it? That... little thing. The hell did..." He walked over to the Vault Symbol and pulled me to his side again.

"Ohh... what kinda weapon..." he mumbled and reached out towards it. Then, we all were raised into the air. I hung onto Jack, then my body was forced away from him and I was thrown far away from him...what the hell?

Jack is lowered into a throne made from the stones that lifted from the ground below us. He started to laugh as the Vault Symbol got closer to him. It looked as if the Symbol was downloading information to his mind. Suddenly, I saw a portal open behind the symbol and I got up and ran to Jack. Lilith was going to hurt him. She was going to practically brand him...or I should say me. I am going to take the hit for Jack. I'm sorry baby...I love you, my Handsome Jack.

I leap from my spot as Lilith jumped through. "Heya, handsome." She jumps up and pressed her fist to the Symbol, pushing it forward. I pushed myself through the air and part of the symbol branded my face, but 75% of the symbol made impact on Jack's face. I flew to the other side of the Vault and I held the side of my face in pain, screaming my lungs out until I could possibly run out of oxygen to breathe.

Lilith walked back into the rift and Jack rolled onto the ground farther away from me "AAAARRRGHGH! Rrrrrhrgh! Son of a..." He heard my screams and looked up at me. I couldn't hold in my screams and wails of agonizing pain.

He stood up with the help of a fellow Vault Hunter. "I'm gonna KILL her! I'm gonna kill them ALL!" I felt three pairs of arms helping me off of the ground. I can't...I can't...I can't agree more with Jack.

Jack looked at Athena and the others present. "First, you're gonna find us a doctor. Then we're gonna wipe those bandit bastards off the face of Pandora. And then... Then we're gonna wake The Warrior." I looked at Jack and smirked. I saw Nisha smiled at me and nod, so did Wilhelm and Aurelia.

Athena asked Jack in pure confusion what he was talking about. "It's gonna be so good. We're gonna scorch the freakin' planet in fire. There's gonna be screaming... bandits are gonna die left and right... ...I can't wait! Hahahahahah!" Everyone else, including me, laughed with Jack. We will end the lives of the people that betrayed us...tried to stop us...hurt us...told us what to do.

We got back to Helios 10:30 P.M. and Jack walked into Tassiter's office and went straight for the kill. All of us, myself and the Vault Hunters that stayed with Jack, watched him.

The telephone went off. "Mr. Tassiter? Mr. Tassiter, are you there?" A feminine voice asked.

Jack replied, breathing heavily from trying to snap Tassiter's neck. "Mr. Tassiter's been replaced, sweetcheeks. Starting today, you're working for me."

"Who is -- John, is that you?"

"Call me Jack, honey" he said and straightened himself up, "Handsome Jack." There he is in his glory...my husband, Handsome Jack. Now, I don't have to worry. My reputation will always be known as: Piss me off when I have a gun in my hand...I dare you.