Someone from the past

The helicopter dropped the old gladers in the middle of a jungle. Everyone hesitated, the men in the helicopter pushed them out. As soon as all the gladers were out, the helicopter flew away and Thomas finally broke his silence. He began to jump up and down waving his hands.

"Woah wait! Wait!" Thomas screamed. The helicopter did not even hesitate to come back. Once the helicopter was out of sight, Thomas turned to his fellow gladers and then all around him. A giant jungle was everywhere no sign of an exit no sign of living creatures

"What do you suppose is out there?" Theresa asked.

"I guess we are going to have to find out." He replied. Theresa gave Thomas a hug and rubbed his back.

"I'm sorry about Chuck." Theresa whispered. Thomas's jaw tightened and he immediately flipped back the subject.

"We need to go, somewhere." Said Thomas. Before Thomas could lead off Minho stopped him.

"We don't know what's in there we need to have a plan." said Minho.

"Minho we are out of the maze, we're free." Replied Thomas. Newt walked over to Minho.

"I agree with Minho, for all we know this could be another test. The guys that saved us, how did they know we were in there?" Added Newt. "I think we should go with are guard up, we don't know what the bloody hell is out there." Thomas nodded. Frypan pointed up at the sky barely seen because of the trees nearly covering the entire sky. A thick cloud of smoke was rising.

Before anyone could say anything an arrow hit the trunk of a tree right next to Thomas. Everyone looked around, they were alone. Newt clenched his spear tight. Just then a small knife hit the dead center of Newt's spear. Newt noticed a pair of eyes underneath a large plant. He looked away afraid the person would attack if he knew he was spot was compromised. The eyes suddenly disappeared then a head poked around a tree next to the plant, the face concealed in a cloth, he drew his bow aiming for Theresa when Newt threw his spear hitting the side of the tree. The attacker flipped backwards, no longer invisible to everyone. She drew out three more knives and threw them causing everyone to move to the side except Minho. The person pulled out a machete and put at Minho's throat.

"Where is they person that came out of that helicopter?" The person demanded. "Who sent you?" Minho didn't answer the person removed their cloth, it was a girl with tan skin and brown hair, with bangs covering her forehead, freckles cover her nose and cheeks. "Who is the leader!" She yelled. Newt stepped forward.

"I am. We were the ones that came out of the helicopter." The girl turned and her dark brown eyes widened. The girl lowered her machete.

"What the hell are you doing here? Your suppose to be dead or kidnapped or whatever the story was." Replied the girl. Newt looked around as if she was talking to someone else. "I'm talking to you Newt." Newt had no clue what to say.

"I'm sorry but I have no clue who on earth you are." Said Newt still stunned.

"Evan Reece, everyone calls me Evans. How do you not remember me? We have known each other forever." before Evan could continue further voices came from in the jungle . Evan put her bow around her and looked at them. "What are your feet glued to the floor lets go. Aren't you guys the slightest bit hungry?" Frypan to the first step and followed Evans through the jungle until they came to a clearing.

There were eight large wood building each having a fire. The buildings created a box inside was a giant bonfire where people were surrounding. All boys no girls in sight. A buff and tall boy about 18 with jet black hair and pail skin saw Evans coming. He smiled but as quickly as that smile was formed it disappeared when the gladers emerged from the jungle. Evans walked up to the boy he looked down out her.

"Who are they?" He replied under his breath. Evans took her bow off from around her and looked up.

"They were who the helicopter dropped off." Evans replied. Thomas watched the boy carefully as he looked up scanning the gladers. The boy's entire body tensed up. Evans noticed. "Cole it's fine ok there is nothing to worry about. Now act nice and welcome our guests while I get food." Cole put on a pretty convincing fake smile but not convincing enough.

"Welcome guys and female to our small little village." Cole said. "I'm Cole and you've already met Evans. Evans is the leader of village."

"Why was she made leader?" asked Theresa. Everyone looked over at Evans, she was sitting with three other boys. Newt noticed a certain feeling of sadness came to him when he saw her without him, and had no clue why.

"Evans has been here for almost a year now, some of us have been here longer but she had more of a natural presence when it comes to the jungle we are all pretty surprised she didn't grow up in a jungle from her adaption. She adapted quicker than anyone else. I don't know maybe it's also because we had no girls here before her, well at least none that could cope. This place will drive you insane if you let it, if it doesn't the jungle creature would love to meet you." Replied Cole pointing at two hunters carrying dead birds that looked half machine.

"What types of creatures?" Asked Minho.

"Let's just say those birds are as common as any other creature you can imagine. You name it, it's part machine in that jungle waiting to rip you apart." Explained Cole. "Make yourself at home and go grab some grub." The gladers all went to get food next to the fire. As soon as they did they went somewhere isolated as a group. Once that sat down Newt flipped out quietly.

"It's just like the maze we are trapped here too! It wasn't over I knew it was too good to be true! It all was too simple it was right in front of us!" Said Newt.

"What was too simple that it was right in front of you?" Asked Evans. Newt looked everyone else trying to get the ok to tell her.

"Well we were in a similar situation." replied Thomas trying to be as vaguely as possible. Evans sat down beside Newt, she was intrigued.

"How so?" She asked.

"Were your guys' minds erased before coming here?" Asked Frypan. Before Evans could speak Newt interrupted.

"Connect two and two together, Evans knows me. She couldn't've had her memory erased." said Newt.

"Is that why you don't remember me? You had your memories erased?" asked Evans to Newt. Newt nodded. "There isn't a way to get the memories back?" Newt shook his head. "Then I want to talk to you in private please." She said as she stood up and walked off. Newt at first hesitated then stood up. He followed her to behind a building.

"Ok since you can't remember me I guess we aren't," Evans stopped. "I just want you to know you can trust me and that I trust you a hundred percent." Then Evans hesitated, after thinking she followed though. Evans leaned in and kissed him. Newt began to have a panic attack inside but he didn't pull away, Evans did. "I just had to do that one last time." Evan walked away with out another word. Leaving Newt to once again freak out.

Evans Reece was obviously not just a close friend of his past