Chapter 16

Bruce woke up with a yawn, a soft light filling his eyes. He sat up and looked around, smiling when he saw Joker, curled up in one of his sweaters, a stuffed bear in his arms. Batman cared about him as much as he did. He kissed his head before getting up, careful not to ruin the fort that was created. It was made at the end of the bed, using the bed frame to help hold the blanket up. He smiled softly, looking around more. On the nightstand was a brown paper bag with “I'm sorry” written onto it. It was their pills, most of them at least. He sighed and checked the closet, sure enough, there were more clothes. He frowned as he saw the purple overcoat hanging up.
"Damn it Bats'. What are you trying to do?"
He quickly turned his attention to the fort, hearing a whine. He walked out of the closet and crawled inside, kissing Joker on the head. That's when he noticed his hair. It was short once again. He forgot how curly it was, carefully playing with the soft green.
"Darling?"
"Yes, baby?"
It was Bruce's turn to turn red. Had he really said that out loud?
"I'm sorry I-"
He was interrupted by a hug, tight around his waist.
"I love you."
"Are you talking to me or Bats'?"
"Both of you. Batsy says he's okay with it. A-Are you?"
"Yeah, I can share. Though I'm surprised he can. He's usually quite possessive."
Bruce smiled, kissing Joker's forehead.
"I wish we were separate people, then we could love you at the same time."
He decided to change the subject, Joker yelping as he was pulled closer.
"Why is all your stuff here?"
"Batsy brought it..."

They had talked until they fell back asleep, which didn't take long. Bruce groaned as he woke up. With a sigh He kissed Joker's forehead, lightly shaking his shoulder.
"Wakey wakey, sleepy head."
Joker groaned, mumbling a mix of "Batsy" and "Brucie". He chuckled and kissed his nose, watching him whine and hide in embarrassment.
"I'm sorry but I have to take your fort down."
"Why?"
"It's too crowded."
"Crowded my ass. Just go in your closet if you need room."
Bruce rolled his eyes, beginning to remove the lights.
"Up. I need those pillows."
Joker sat up, picking up a box that had been sitting next to the pillows.
"What's that?"
"D-Do you remember Bud and Lou?"
"Your hyenas?"
Bruce went quiet as he slowly remembered. Penguin had gotten to them, sickly displaying them in his museum.
"I'm sorry."
"It's okay..."
Joker stood up, following Bruce's lead to put the box on the nightstand. His leg brace was fixed so he could walk without crutches, though he still had a bit of a limp. Bruce kissed his cheek, careful of the scars. He felt so bad whenever he saw them, knowing he could never imagine the pain.

Joker sat on the bed as he watched Bruce put the fort away, arms subconsciously wrapping around his bear. He's had it for two years, a surprise visit in Arkham gifting him it. He smiled softly. It calmed him like a security blanket. Bruce smiled at the sight.
"I remember buying that. Something in the back of my mind wouldn't shut up until I did. Only when I saw the package the next day did I understand."
Joker blushed a bit, burying his face into the softness. Bruce chuckled, laying down next to him.
"I have to work next week. Maybe even during the weekend."
Joker frowned.
"Alfred will take good care of you okay? Maybe you two can finally get to know each other."
"Maybe..."

A/N
Writer's block is a bitch.