Chaprer 14

Joker woke up when he felt hands on him, panicking as he was dragged out of bed, slung over a shoulder.
"Let me go!"
He yelled, kicking and struggling. His captor said nothing, walking down the stairs. He wanted to see who he was being taken by but was unable to see behind him, eventually giving up. He quickly snapped his attention to his location, the blue light of the room confusing him. They hadn't left the manor yet, where were they? He noticed that they had been in an elevator once they exited, slowly cluing in on their location.
"Batsy..?"
"Took you long enough."
Joker grunted as he was roughly placed on a cot, handcuffed to the rail. He tried to tug free, confused.
"What's going on?"
"You don't seem too surprised to see me like... This. I assume Bruce told you of this curse."
Joker nodded.
"Y-Yeah... He also said you stole my pills."
"You're better off without them. They won't help you."
Batman moved to his suit, carelessly striping. Joker stared in embarrassment and awe. He never realized how many muscles he had. Batman only smirked as he finished getting changed, turning back to kiss his clown on the cheek, chuckling as Joker's face turned redder. Their mannerisms were different, Batman's voice audibly harsher. Now that he thought about it, Batman had been acting differently. More talking less punching.
"How long have you been gone?"
"I don't know. Weeks? I don't remember any of it."
Batman growled, pulling the cowl over his face.
"He stole Batman from me. He got you hurt."
Joker looked down at his leg sadly. It was somewhat true. But Bruce didn't mean it. He was snapped out of his thoughts by Batman's hand on his cheek, flinching slightly as his thumb traced the scars on his cheeks. Batman frowned, making him even more nervous.
"Who hurt you?"
Joker pulled away from Batman, eyes focused on anything but him.
"You don't remember?"
His hand moved to Joker's free hand, running his thumb along the bandaged wrist.
"What about these?"
"A-Arkham..."
Batman nodded, letting his hand go.
"Why am I handcuffed?"
"Why not."
He watched as Batman walked to a table, putting tools into his utility belt. Was he going to leave?
"What are you doing?"
"Going out."
"You're just gonna leave me like this!?"
He tugged on the handcuff keeping him to the bed. That and he couldn't walk.
"Yes. It will only be a few hours, you can go back to sleep."
"I can't sleep without my pills."
Batman nodded, walking off.
"Batsy?"
Joker tried to turn and watch him, wincing as his wrist hurt. He stared at it, watching the bandages become red with blood. He tugged on the bindings again, the red becoming darker. He stared in silence.

Batman soon came back with a cold bottle of water and Joker's pills, rolling a small table over to the cot before placing them on it. His eyes followed Joker's, cursing when he saw the blood. He quickly undid the handcuff, unwrapping the bandage.
"I'm sorry I thought they were more healed than that."
"It's okay."
Joker watched as Batman cleaned the opened wound, wincing once in a while.
"Might as well check the other."
Joker sighed, letting him check his wounds. He could see Batman getting angrier the more he saw. He seemed to snap as he saw Joker's leg.