Chapter 60: Epilogue

Light. Precious Light.

Once, the entire kingdom of Roahla drowned in an endless night, but those days are long gone. Centuries may have passed, but the land is once again daily graced by the sun's warm light.

Though the land is still covered mostly blanketed in snow, something survived.

Hope.

Of course, Celia did not escape punishment for disobeying orders, especially for a second time

She had to clean the bathroom caves for a cycle while Verbena underwent heavy training with the dragons high in the aaven's hierarchy, and Irin joined her for much of it. Partially because he needed to in order to learn the ways of his new aaven, and in part, because he wanted to be with Verbena.

Xan was not punished as heavily, but he still had to endure long classes that covered the rules of the town and the dragon guild.

With the sun's return, things changed for everyone in Roahla.

Hytha, though initially imprisoned for the betrayal of her own kind, was pardoned with the return of the sun. Once freed, she helped replant the true extent of the Ulven forest using the seeds and saplings from underground while her brother kept watch as a guard.

Though Ahsa had to wait a while for the snow to melt enough, she began to plant her food crops in true fields outside. Her crystal ball returned to its full powers, and she used it to find those who needed her help.

King Baron did not learn about the theft until the morning with the return of the sun, but he ensured his city prospered, which it did. Under his reign, Urre became a model city of prosperity and innovation.

Strangely, he never saw Advisor Konrad ever again.

Though the snow melted slowly, Roahla survived, even if its people were fragmented. They had hope.

 They had hope