That Door Looks Perfect For My Forehead

When the front door of the Wheeler home opened and Mike came out, I found myself watching and waiting for another person to walk out the door behind him. But much to my dismay the front door had closed behind the Wheeler boy leaving him as the only person walking towards my car. As I watched him walk across the yard my nerves began to overcome me and I found myself toying with my necklace.

 Mike closes the car door behind him and I turn to him with a look of worry on my face though I try to conceal it for the sake of Mike, my attempt fails me as I see his face become worried as well

Mike closes the car door behind him and I turn to him with a look of worry on my face though I try to conceal it for the sake of Mike, my attempt fails me as I see his face become worried as well. "What's wrong?" He asks trying to get an explanation to my uneasy state. "Oh probably nothing, I was just wondering if Will had spent the night at your house last night?" I question , even though I was already pretty sure that I knew the answer to my question. "No, everyone went home at around 8:00 last night after the campaign was over." Mike said with a hint of confusion in his voice, at this answer I felt my heart begin to beat faster and my stomach start to churn slightly.

"Why, wasn't he at his house?" Mike questions me now with more concern. "No, but he probably just rode his bike to school to get there early. Yeah that's gotta be it" I let go of my necklace and start the car as we go to pick up the rest of the party.

"Ok see you guys after school, and hey if any of you guys see Will make sure to let me know and let him know that his mom is looking for him. Okay?"
"We will, bye Charlie"
"Bye Lucas"

I find a parking spot and begin to hurry towards the front door of the Science building, but before I can make it there I overhear the obnoxious laughter of the two most annoying middle schoolers to have ever existed in Hawkins history, Troy Miller and James Shirley. I continued walking until also hear the irritated voices of my favorite group of dorks.

  Instinctively I navigate my way over to the source of all the commotion and as I get there I hear Troy demand Dustin to do the "arm thing" as James towers over him.

   Before the tormenting can carry on any longer I make my presence known and step in, "Dustin put your jacket back on." I instruct him with a soft voice, then I turn my attention over to the owners of the obnoxious laughter. "Hey Dickheads leave them alone." I threaten. "Or what? What are you gonna do nag us to death" Troy asks as he and James begin to almost fall over from their laughter.