13

Collin's Pov

Ember and Devan got there around 3:30 and hung out until everyone was there around 7:45. The party started, my friends Wengie, Rachel, the Merrell twins, Brent then Devan and Ember. Then I had friends from school, Cole, Max, Nick, Logan and Liam. I tried to make Rios party as big as possible so I invited a lot more people and told them to invite people. It was an open door party. About ten minuets before the party started people started showing up. I had Liam be the DJ at the party. He was over by the speakers finishing setting up. about a half hour later the place was flooded with people. Music always loud, people were dancing and getting drunk. I wasn't  supposed to be drinking because I was really in charge. I paused through the group of people and to the front door. As I went out Devan and Ember were sitting outside. I looked at them but didn't really care. I turned around again at the sound of a drunken fight.

Devan's Pov

I intertwined Ember and I's hands and held her hand tight.

"Ready to go back inside?" I asked

She nodded her head. We stood up, hands still laced, and walked back inside. The party was now super crowded and I could tell Em was starting to panic again because of all the people. I took her to the kitchen and grabbed her a cup. Yes, I knew there was more than likely alcohol inside but she needed it. Before handing it to her, I brought it to my nose and I smelt it. Yep. Definitely whiskey mixed with beer. Collins's favorite mix for parties. I gave her the cup and let her drink it. Ember is a tiny girl so not to much alcohol and she'll be drunk. She finished her cup and rested her head on my shoulder. I could tell she was getting tired but she didn't want to leave quiet yet. I picked her up and she wrapped her legs around my torso. Her head still rested on my shoulder. I went upstairs and into my old bedroom. It was small but still the same. I set Ember down on the bed and sat down next to her. My back was against the head board and my legs stretched out. Ember laid down in n my legs with the her head rested in my lap. Her body curled and not a right ball next to me. I stroked her hair In attempt to calm her down. Her breathing slowed down back to a regular pace. I smiled slightly. Then a few guys came through the door.

"Oops sorry," a tall guy with glasses said as he tried to pull his two drunken friends out of the room

"Yo dude!" The first guy said. He had ginger hair "can we have a minute with yo' girl?" He asked slurring his words.

"Umm no." I said blankly.

"Oh come on man!" The other one yelled. His hair was brunette and his skin tone was darker. To be honest he somewhat intimidated me.

"She's my girl" I said placing my hand on her back to show what I said.

"Bro it won't do no harm!" The ginger said

"Thomas, Jonah, come on!" The one with glasses and blonde hair said

"Nah no hold up!" The brunette yelled at the blonde "sharing is caring my bro.. share yo' girl and all will be well," he said

"Umm no." I said again

"Come on dude," the brunette said agin. "My friend Jonah. The ginger.. he's drunk, she's drunk. They will not remember a thing. Just a minute or two.." he said

I stood up and looked at them. Then I eyed the taller brunette. I then looked him square in the eye and said "I said no once. She is my girlfriend and you're not gonna do anything to her.

The brunette grew angry at me. His fists slowly curling into tight balls. "I'm not gonna hurt yo' girl. I just wanna have a little fun. Y'know?" He said with a wink at the end

"You're not touching her. Or going near her. Let alone take her virginity." I said through my now gritted teeth. The blonde carried the ginger out of the room because he had passed out.

The brunette then looked at me. "You're sleighed gonna let me have her or you're gonna pay the hard way.." he said pulling his fists tighter

"No." I said to him squaring my shoulder knowing he was gonna pick a fight.

He threw a right punch at my nose. I threw one back at him. Adrenaline pumping thought it my veins. The kid threw another one and sure enough we were fighting. I don't know what got me out of my trance but Ember was looking at me holding my shoulders and a red mark across her cheek. Then it clicked. He slapped her and touched my girl. So he was gonna pay. I looked at the door and Collins was standing there also. I looked at Ember than I looked back at the door and my mother was standing there as well. I looked back at Ember then pushed through the door. People were looking at me. The party died down a little bit. I walked through the front door and outside. I heard Ember and Collins call after me but I didn't look back. My hearing blurred and I just kept walking. I don't know what made me snap but I heard heels clicking behind me still. I turned my head and saw Ember still walking behind me. I snapped my head forwards and I got my head on a tree. I mumbled a curse word and rubbed my head

"You okay baby?" Ember asked from behind me

I turned around and leaned my back against the tree. She saw me hit the tree didn't she? More than likely.

"Yeah I'm fine." I said a little harshly

She gave me a weird look and then came closer to me. She walks slowly and soon enough she pressed her body against mine. I looked at her. Her fave leaned into mine and she pressed her lips to my checks. She pulled back and I leaned into her lips. I kissed her and she kissed back.

"I-," I stared to say but she cut me off

"No need to say anything. I saw what happened." She said with a smile

I smiled back at her the kissed her cheek. She leaned closer to my ear and whispers "thank you,"

I wink at her under the faint street light's glow "anything for my baby girl,"

She blushed with that comment

I intertwined our hands and we walked back to where my car was parked