L.K.

I sat alone at the table.
The small coffee house holding little to no people. I was the only customer at this time of day.
I pulled out my phone and scrolled through my social feed. With each picture, it was like I could hear them speaking to me. But they had nothing nice to say.
I continued scrolling. Each voice was bigger, louder, scarier. I stopped scrolling but my phone did not. It continued to ghost scroll up and down, the voices I could hear were screaming.
I dropped my phone on the table and stood up, frightened by whatever was happening. I looked away from the phone and around the room. The voices just as loud.
Yet, No one else was this panicked. No one else could hear the malicious nonsense.
An overwhelming feeling of darkness washed over me. I squatted to the ground, grabbing at my ears. It was too much. It was hurting my head. And the staff didn't notice.

I sat their quietly, enduring the pain, hoping for it to leave soon. A single tear.
A few seconds later, the glass door of the coffee shop swung open making the voices vanish.  Several familiar kids rushed in. A few went to console the startled staff while the others rushed to my table.
A familiar dark cuddly soul pulled me up from my squatted position. He picked up my phone from the table and swiped away the apps, turning off the device soon after.
The kids paid for me and dragged me outside.
Out of the voices.

"We gotta find the others"