Chapter 15: Climatic Escalation!!!!!!

"Ugh. . .what the hell?" I groaned as I shifted on my side. I struggled somewhat in managing to sit up and found the goblin twins staring at me. Gob was holding a tray of soup with some bread while Cho was carrying herbs and a bag filled with alchemy equipment. "Giii!" the two starting dancing in place with joyous expressions. Gob placed the tray at the corner of the bed I was lying on and Cho settled his stuff on the ground, approaching me and inspecting my condition.

   "Eh? Oh, I feel fine," I responded to Cho as he rubbed his chin. Hmm, these two are pretty reliable right now but when they evolve that's another story. Speaking of evolution, I need to evolve too. I dunno why but it feels way more important to evolve now than in the past. My instincts are urging me on. I tried to float only to suffer a migraine and fall towards the ground. Luckily, Cho caught me and seemed terribly panicked. Why couldn't I float?

[You can't use magic.]

    I can't!?

[Well, at least not for a while after what happened.]

   Eh? What happened?

[You. . .don't remember?]

   Remember? Was there a fight or something? SHIT, was it another Legion!?

[N-no, nothing like that. No fight and no Legion.]

   Oh, thank God. Huh. . .never thought I'd say that?

[. . .Are you afraid of Legions?]

   What? No, its just whenever I think or hear about them I suddenly have an itch I can't scratch. And me being a dog, that's the most inhumane thing you could ever do.

[Hm. . .]

   You sound bothered. . .did something happen?

[Uh, I, uh. . .owe you an apology.]

   Um. . .over what?

[Things I shouldn't have said.]

   Oh. . .wait what exactly did you say?

[. . .Some things better left forgotten.]

   . . .Fine, I accept your apology.

[Yeah, great, just don't want to ever you see have a tantrum again.]

   A what?

[Nothing! Nothing at all. So, uh, . . .what do you remember?]

   I remember forcing the adventurers to fight for my amusement, dick move I know, saw blood red then blue and blacked out after something really hot hit me.