Chapter 23: Weapon Development, Humor. . .

Asshole with a blue hoodie: Hey, did you know if you ask for votes on chapters, readers will be more inclined to vote?

Puppy: Really?

Asshole with a blue hoodie: Yep!

Puppy: I dunno, you're not exactly trustworthy. . .

Asshole with a blue hoodie: You can at least try it?

Puppy: . . .Alright. Ahem, readers who have enjoyed the book thus far and want to show your support, please vote for this chapter! . . .Like that?

Asshole with a blue hoodie: Yeah, like that. 

Puppy: Huh, that wasn't so bad.

Asshole with a blue hoodie: Yup, and I'm so proud of you~ Awe, yeah! Give me some paw and I'll get you a Scooby Snack!

Puppy: *Silently readies magic spells with murderous intent*

Asshole with a blue hoodie: *Smiles and gives anyone reading this a thumbs up*

***************************************************************************************

   "Ahhhh-hhaaaaaa," a particular pup yawned as he awoke. The pup then stretched and yawned some more. He laid flat on his belly before turning on his back, his front paws close to his chest as he stared up at the labyrinth's cavernous ceiling. He blinked and debated about sleeping again before ultimately closing his eyes.

   Gurgle, gurgle.

   The pup's eyes opened, annoyance in his eyes as he growled. He stood up and sighed. "Well, while I'm awake I might as well get something to eat," he grumbled. However, before the pup left they spotted a kitten still sleeping, shaking and jolting as her paws moved in a running motion as if she was being chased. Carlos stared at the kitten for a moment and sighed. Eiko still hasn't woken up yet.

   "Gi?"

   An almost nasally, hoarse grunt reached Carlos' ears. Turning around, he spotted a certain dark green goblin, staring right at him with their glowing yellow topaz eyes. "Gob?" Carlos said in surprise. "When did you get here?"

   Gob trembled in place before jumping up, throwing his fist in the air. "Giii!" He looked overjoyed. Gob jumped and shuffled in place, urging his master to follow him. Carlos sighed, levitating off the ground enough to reach Gob's eye level and followed him.

   It wasn't long before they arrived at the outpost nearby. Outpost? When was there an outpost? Carlos pondered why there was a military-like outpost stationed in front of him before he saw the residents he saved walking around in the encampment. "Did they build this overnight?" Carlos asked no one in particular.

   "Master!"

   Carlos's grumpy, recently awoken eyes lit up as he spotted Oob and Serpico approach him. "Morning. It's morning, right?" Carlos asked. Aside from the artificial day-night cycle in the labyrinth, it was hard to tell the exact time. The two before him exchanged glances while Gob, who stood beside Carlos, coughed and looked off to the side.

   Obb smiled wryly, "Master, it's the afternoon." Carlos' eyes widen. He nearly slept the whole day. "Wow, I sure was tired, huh?" Oob's smile tensed as Serpico's and Gob's gaze wondered about. "Yes," Oob said politely. "You were quite tired. If anything, you deserved a long rest for all of your hard work."

   Oob bent his torso down towards the pup, bowing to express his gratitude.

   "Thank you for everything."