Chapter 22: A Big Misunderstanding

Carlos was working with the serpent blacksmith and other tortle blacksmiths, crafting armor from materials they mined early in the morning. Although what happened yesterday was unnerving, Carlos refused to let valuable time slip by as they were left unprepared.

   Carlos requested Knighty to hand over the armor Eiko stored in her shadow. Although they were hesitant, once Carlos brought up this would be integral to everyone's survival, including Eiko's, they obliged. The pup even used his own resources to fund the project alongside the town's cache.

   As for the golems, they quickly left to the captured cyclopes towns and villages where Carlos left the enslaved cyclopes. After what happened yesterday, the pup refused to let his subordinates live about freely with the plague spreading. The pearl was unresponsive at the current distance, and thus Carlos gave Meat permission to use it. Once the flesh golem would get within range, they would retrieve the cyclopes safely into the pearl and return to Carlos' side. Meat possessed more physical prowess compared to Green, and a lot faster when they let loose completely. Green would focus on evacuating the villages while Meat handled the densely populated towns, in which they would both later on meet up.

   Carlos worked diligently on crafting armor pieces before he paused and looked to the side. The lich he enslaved was there and working alongside the tortles much to their surprise, fear and distrust evident in their mannerism and expressions. Having relations with undead wasn't always taken too keenly with most cultures it would seem.

   Carlos glanced at another direction, seeing several improvised watchtowers constructed by Green's vegetative constructs. On one of the towers stood a man adorning a tailored suit, with a sniper rifle in hand, observing the environment, glancing at the pup every now and then with a hateful gaze. The other watchtowers were manned by three tortles each, wielding enchanted bows respectively and, if need be, a single enchanted cannon. Carlos' current relationship with the lich and assassin weren't particularly great as evidenced in previous. . .chapters of their lives. Undead, in the lich's case.

   Nonetheless, the lich was happy to help the tortles. Although he clearly didn't trust the pup, he acknowledged his actions in saving the tortles and attempts to save the afflicted, albeit with a motive in mind. Even now, he was working alongside them to craft armor, utilizing [Psychokinesis] and his [Arcanic Arms], multi-tasking on numerous armor pieces. They had all been working since morning for 6 hours. The tortles and serpents would take shifts as they grew tired, both from work and lack of sleep with yesterday's events still fresh on their minds. The lich didn't require rest as he was an undead. However, Carlos continued working nonstop, long before the others woke up and were instructed to aid him. To the lich, it wasn't a matter of serving his master as a slave -- a role forced onto him -- it was about helping the tortles, even if they feared him and had doubts due to him being undead.

   "That's enough," Carlos said as they finished the last piece. He pulled out 25 magic jewels, much to everyone's surprise, and laid them out on the ground. He levitated off the floor, sorting all the armor pieces and moved them around as if he was working on a puzzle or trying to perfect his art. As he moved the armor around, he moved the magic jewels around as well, sometimes above, on top, underneath, beside, beneath, or in between the armor pieces. During this, a group of tortles carried a large greatsword, twice as long and three times as wide, and gently placed it down beside the armor pieces. Serpico watched closely along with Amon. They were excited to see new life to be created  For their master to breathe life into something they all had a hand in and worked so hard. Many of the tortles weren't informed at all, not even the lich or the assassin were quite sure what he was doing. Though it was obvious at this to those that knew the Pup's magic well.