The Death Of A Slayer

Wendy's POV

Chelia looked down at the ground and cried while Alex was still trying to hold it in. The sun started to rise and the rest of the guild showed up. They all saw Draco and Lucy spoke, "Draco... what happened?!". I looked up at her and she got what happened. Mirajane ran over to us and looked at the wound. "Who did this?", Mirajane asked. "We don't know", Alex said, "There was someone in a cloak. When they clashed swords, the ground opened up. They fell through the hole and boulders fell on Draco. Wendy and Chelia managed to heal those wounds but the person in the cloak stuck a dagger in his chest. Draco said it was made of Nether, we couldn't heal it. And... now he's gone". "Let's get him somewhere safe", Mirajane said. They picked Draco up and started back for the guild. "Wendy, let's go", Chelia said. I did not even look at her. I was still on the ground crying, "Draco!! Don't go!! Please don't go!!!".

Chelia's POV

We got Draco back to Fairy Tail and tried everything from revival magic and just anything that may be able to bring Draco back. But it was pointless. Alex explained everything that happened. A week later, we had a funeral for Draco, and Wendy was having a hard time even standing at the funeral. I had to keep her from falling down but no one could keep her from crying. 'Damnit Draco, why did you run off on your own. If you just let the person in the cloak go, you would be alive', I thought. After the funeral, Alex went back to his apartment and Wendy and I went back to her apartment. I was sad about Draco's death, but Wendy was devastated.

We walked into the apartment and Wendy went into her room. It was a few hours until I knocked on the bedroom door. "Wendy, can I come in?", I asked. "Y-Yes", Wendy said. I opened the door and saw Wendy curled up in her bed. I walked over to her and sat down next to her. I hugged her and she cried in my arms. "It's okay Wendy", I said. "No it's not... Draco is gone", Wendy said. I did not have anything to say. I was almost as sad as she was. I then remembered what Draco had said. "Wendy, can I check under Draco's bed?", I asked. "Why?", Wendy asked. "Remember the last thing he said? He said that there is something under his bed", I said.

I got down from Wendy's bed and looked under Draco's. I saw a purple safe with a keypad on it and pulled it out. I set it on Wendy's bed and Wendy picked it up. "What is it?", Wendy asked. "It's a safe, there is a keypad on it. I wonder what the passcode is", I said. "Wait, Draco said 2-4-7-1. Let me try that", Wendy said as she typed the numbers in. The safe made a noise and it unlocked. Wendy opened the safe and took out what was in it. The first item was a camera. The second was a flat chip (memory chip). The third item was a folded piece of paper.

Wendy's POV

"Let me see the camera and the flat chip", Chelia said. I handed them to her and she put the chip in the camera. Chelia pressed a button and the screen lit up. A video started playing and Chelia showed it to me. It was Draco. Draco was sitting in his bed and was recording himself talking. It went like this.

(Draco is speaking)

Hey, so if you're watching this video, that means that I'm gone. I'm assuming that the people watching this are Wendy, Chelia, and Alex.

Chelia paused the video and spoke, "Lets continue after Alex is here, I'll go get him". Chelia ran out the door and in a few minutes, walked back in with Alex. "Play the video", Alex said. Chelia played the video.

(Draco is speaking)

Alright, so where to start... Okay, to start things off I just want to say that I'm sorry. Depending if you are watching this after the battle with Drake, that means that I was able to save you but died in the process. If you are watching this before, then that means I've failed to stay alive and I will not be there to fight Drake. Either way, I'm sorry.

On the piece of paper is a map. It leads to a secret safe house I made a while back. It has hundreds to thousands of magic seals that keep any kind of demon or just anyone from entering. As long as you have the paper with you when you enter, you will be able to go in. I have stored multiple spells and just a lot of personal belongings in it. So if this is before the fight, find it. The spells may be able to help you. There will be another video there, so keep this camera. And now there is just a few things I want to say.

Alex, I'm sorry that I never got to send you home. If you go to the safe house, there may be a spell. If not, I'm sorry. Even though I'm gone, I want you to keep looking for a way to go home. And just remember, even if I'm in the depths of hell right now, you will always be my best friend. I hope you get home safe.

Okay, next is Chelia. Now Chelia, despite all of the things I've said about you and all the times I called you annoying, I never meant any of it. You always teased us so I gave you a taste of your own medicine. And even though you are sometimes immature, take care of Alex and Wendy for me. I'm very grateful that you were my friend.

Draco's eyes started to get red and a tear dripped down his face.

Finally Wendy. I hoped that you would never need to find this video, but I guess that I did not hope hard enough. There is another video on that chip, but only play it on your birthday. No sooner, no later. It is a final birthday present. Wendy... on the very first day a got here, I thought I was going to die alone and never go home. I thought my time here was going to be a living hell. You were the person who changed all of that. You made every day here the best time of my life. Even when we first met, you did not even know me. But you let me stay with you in your own house. You watched over me and I could never find a way to repay you for everything you've done for me. And please, don't feel sad about my death. Keep moving forward and always keep me in your heart. And remember what I told you Wendy, don't do high kicks when you're wearing your skirt.

(Draco laughs a little and tries to hold back his tears)

Again, I'm sorry Wendy. Please, never forget me. Hopefully, when we meet again, it will be in a better place. Goodbye.

The video ended and we sat in silence. It was a few minutes until I finally said, "We have to find the safe house Draco was talking about". "Yeah, he said that there was another video there. It may have something important on it", Chelia said. "Alright, then it's settled. Let's go find Draco's safe house", Alex said.

———————————————————

Holy crap... I actually cried while I wrote this. I hope you enjoyed this section and I will publish the next few chapters when I have completed them.