Dinner With My Family

Draco's POV

I didn't dream when I passed out, which I guess is a good thing. I slowly woke up and saw that I was on the couch. I realized that my head was laying on something. However, it wasn't a pillow. I turned my head to see Wendy above me. I then realized what my head was on. Her lap. 'Crap...', I thought, 'Should I get up? Or should I just lay here? What am I saying?!'. I quickly sat up and Wendy looked at me. "D-Draco, you're awake!", Wendy exclaimed. "Yeah", I said as I put my hand on my head, "Hey, why was my head on your lap?". Wendy's face got red and spoke quietly, "W-Well... I wanted to make sure you were comfortable... I-I didn't have any other intentions". "It's fine Wendy. Thank you", I said. 'Hell, at least her intentions weren't like Chelia's intentions would have been', I thought. I tried to get up but fell to the ground. Wendy got down and helped me back onto the couch. "Draco, you are still very weak. You still don't have any magic in you", Wendy said. "How long was I asleep?", I asked. "Only one day. I just woke up a few minutes ago", Wendy said.

There was a pause but the Wendy hugged me tightly. "Draco, I missed you so much...", Wendy said half crying. I hugged her back and spoke, "I really missed you too". "There wasn't a second that you weren't on my mind", Wendy said, "Every single day, I kept reliving your death. Every time I fell asleep, I dreamt about it...". I held her tighter. "I'm so sorry Wendy", I said. "Don't be sorry, just be alive. Don't die again. Don't ever leave me again...", Wendy said. "I won't, I promise", I said. It was about half an hour until we finally calmed down.

"Okay, do I still have wounds?", I asked. "Yes, I wasn't able to heal all of them", Wendy said, "Even with the extra magic in the crystals, I was still really low on magic". "How are you on magic now?", I asked. "I have enough to heal all of your wounds", Wendy said. "Okay, can you heal them please?", I asked. "Sure", Wendy said. I took my hoodie and shirt off and saw a lot of scars and big cuts on my chest. And I bet there was more on my back. "Holy crap. He really did a number on me", I said. "Just try to hold still", Wendy said. My whole body started to feel warm from Wendy's healing magic. I saw some of the injuries close and start to vanish. After a few minutes of this, almost all of my injuries were healed. Wendy stopped and I turned to her. "Thanks Wendy", I said. "No problem Draco. Just get some rest. I may have healed your wounds but you are still really low on energy", Wendy said.

I laughed a little and Wendy looked confused. "Why are you laughing?", Wendy asked. "When I first got to this world, I never knew something like this would happen. I'm just saying that a lot has happened since then and it's just really fun to think back on everything", I said. "Yeah, there was a lot of bad things too. But the good things outweigh the bad", Wendy said. Suddenly, Alex, Chelia, and Yuki came into the apartment. Alex and Chelia saw that I didn't have a shirt on and obviously got the wrong idea. "Draco, what are you doing?!", Alex exclaimed. "You too Wendy, why is Draco shirtless next to you?!", Chelia asked. "Okay, why am I not surprised the two of you ask that first... Wendy was healing the rest of my wounds", I said. They walked over to me and flooded me with questions. It was mainly 'how are you alive?'. I answered the questions and they were all really surprised by each one.

"Damn, you really have been through a lot", Alex said. "Yeah, I'm sorry I never told you how to use the crystals. That's on me", I said. "Yeah, if you didn't show up when you did, we would all be dead", Chelia said. "Hey, can we mention how Chelia was crying when she saw me?", I asked. "Lets not bring that up", Chelia said quickly. "Anyways, How is everyone?", I asked. "They're all fine. We had a few injured but none dead", Chelia said. "That's good", I said. Yuki walked over to us and avoided eye contact. "Hey Yuki, how have you been?", I asked. "I'm fine", Yuki said, "Hey Draco, can we talk?". "Sure, Wendy, Alex, Chelia, can you leave the room for a minute?", I asked. They got up and left the room. Yuki sat next to me and spoke, "Draco, why are you treating me like everything never happened?".

"Okay Yuki, I'm going to tell you something. Back around when I first got to this world, my friend died. His name was Nakamora. A dragon Drake created killed him. I went berserk and killed the dragon. However I almost killed everyone that was around. I almost killed Wendy. I ran off for a month and didn't tell anyone that I was okay. When I finally decided to come back, they welcomed me with open arms. I was really confused and I didn't know why they let me come back. They acted like it never happened. I was close to leaving again. I hated myself for what I did. But they taught me that everyone deserves a second chance. So, I'm doing the same for you. This is your second chance", I said. Yuki turned and hugged me. "Thank you Draco", Yuki said. She quickly stopped hugging me and blushed. "B-But don't get the wrong idea!", Yuki yelled. "Alright", I said. Wendy, Alex, and Chelia walked back in.

A few hours later

It was getting close to dinner. "Alright, I have an idea. Can someone go out and get some salmon? I have the money I just can't get it myself", I said. "I'll get it", Chelia said. I handed Chelia the money and she left for the salmon. "Hey, can the rest of you help me make dinner?" "Sure", Wendy said. I made some plain pasta and Chelia got back with the salmon. I made the salmon with lemon, pepper, salt, garlic, and a few other things. Once the salmon was done, I cut it up into small chunks and mixed it in with the pasta. Trust me, this is really good. It is hands down my favorite food. "That smells really good, Draco. I really missed your cooking", Wendy said. "I can't wait to eat this", Alex said. "This will definitely make us feel better after the fight", Chelia said. "I've never had salmon before. Is it good?", Yuki asked. "Oh you are in for a treat", I said.

I brought the salmon pasta over to the table and gave everyone a plate. Wendy, Chelia, and Alex ate it and looked really happy. "God damn, you really have to teach me your secrets to this", Alex said. "Sure, I can teach you", I said. Yuki took a bite and she grew stars in her eyes. "Wow, this is really good. How have I missed this all of my life?", Yuki asked. "I'm glad you like it. And eat as much as you want. I made a good amount. Just don't eat more than you can take", I said. After about half an hour, we finished eating. I then decided to move on to a more serious topic. We were relaxing on the couch and chairs in the living room.

"So Alex, are you going to go back since Drake is gone?", I asked. "Of course not. He isn't gone for good. As long as he is alive, I'm staying", Alex said. "What about you Yuki?", I asked. "I have nothing waiting for me back in that world. So I'm staying here", Yuki said. "Alright. Hey Alex, do you want me to create you a house so you're not living in an apartment building?", I asked. "No, I'm fine there", Alex said.

It was getting late so everyone started to go home. Soon, it was just me and Wendy. "Hey Draco", Wendy said. "Yeah?", I said. "I want to say thank you for my birthday present", Wendy said. "Oh you mean the song?", I asked. "Yes", Wendy said. "I'm sorry if it wasn't what you were expecting. And I know I'm not a singer but—", I said before Wendy hugged me. "Draco, it was beautiful", Wendy said. "Thanks", I said. Wendy held me tighter and spoke, "Draco, please don't die again. I-I won't be able to take it of you died again. I was barley able to stay sane when you died. Just promise me you will be more careful. I don't want to lose you again". I hugged her back and spoke, "I promise". We stopped hugging and Wendy looked at me nervously. "Wendy, it's okay", I said. "I know. I'm still just really scared", Wendy said. "Why?", I asked. "I had a dream last night", Wendy said. "What happened?", I asked. Wendy looked up at me with fear in her eyes. She then spoke in a shaky voice, "I was floating underwater but I was breathing. It was dark all around me and I couldn't see anything. I saw you form above me. I reached out my hand for you but you turned into Drake. He then jabbed a spear through my chest".