Chapter 6

Elena opened the door to her apartment and laid down on her makeshift bed. She smiled to herself. The past few weeks had passed blissfully. She finally had a friend, and he was wonderful and kind to her. Jimin shared his lunch with her everyday, often took her out to eat for dinner, and walked her as far back to her apartment as she would let him. She didn't want him to see her
dilapidated living conditions.

Although, inexplicably, her apartment had suddenly gained electricity and running water. She worried that maybe the land owner intended to restore it, in which case she would either have to move out or start paying rent. She had no doubt that if Jimin found out where she lived he would somehow offer her a new living space. Jimin wanted to do everything and anything for her, but she already felt guilty about the amount of food he gave her.

She had to find some way to repay him. But what would he want? He seemed to be very rich, or at least money didn't seem to be any problem for him. Taehyung's warning was also bothering her. Jimin was nothing but kind. After the strange incident where he left her in the classroom, nothing else odd had happened. It was strangely...normal, and she was loving it. Jimin was also overjoyed at how happy Elena seemed to be. Even though it was still hard to control his desires, he suppressed them as best he could. He wanted her to want him too.

The only thing he was still vexed about was her memories. He couldn't figure out how to unlock them, especially because she seemed to be immune to any powers that had to do with mind manipulation.
Elena closed her eyes and drifted in and out of sleep, thankful it was Friday. She was unaware of the eyes that watched her right outside the window. As soon as she was unconscious, Jimin opened the window and floated into her room, touching down on the floor silently. He walked over and gently stroked her cheek.
"My sweet angel..." he said softly. He loved it when Elena fell asleep because then he could touch her and kiss her gently without her knowing. He looked forward to the day when he would lock lips with her, awake, and she would smile and lace her hands around him.
He leaned down and kissed his way up her neck to her mouth, pausing briefly as she shifted in her sleep. He allowed his mouth to find hers and dug his finger nails into his palm to keep control.

He felt blood running down his fingers and dull pain coursing throughout his hand, but it almost made no difference to him. The pure bliss he felt when kissing her was overwhelming. Jimin reluctantly drew his lips away and sat down next to Elena, absentmindedly playing with a strand of her long hair. The wound on his hand healed almost immediately as soon as he released his tightly clenched fist. He sat with her every night like this. Kissing her, touching her, making sure everything was perfect for her. But suddenly he was aware of something approaching.

He tensed. He felt something change in the air around him. He stood and faced the cloud of smoke forming in the corner of Elena's room.
He formed an opaque barrier around Elena, blocking out all sound from disturbing her sleep. A tall, slender figure stepped out of the smoke. The man was wearing an eclectic maroon blazer adorned with small skulls, wilted flowers, and tufts of bloodied fur. Curly, ratty hair poked out from his lopsided top hat. He appeared young but his eyes reflected age beyond human understanding.
"Sparrow," Jimin growled. "What do you want?"
"My lord," Sparrow bowed deeply.
"There are problems in Hell that demand your attention."

Jimin angrily ran his hands through his hair. The counselors he had left in charge were more than capable of managing Hell, and the last thing he wanted was for something to pull him away from Elena's side. Sparrow's glance shifted toward the barrier around Elena.
"I assume the girl you spoke of is there?"
Jimin ignored him. All beings in Hell were aware of Elena's existence and what would happen to them should they ever lay a hand on her. It was the first thing he had done after killing his father and assuming the throne.

"What's going on, Sparrow?" Jimin's patience was wearing thin and his annoyance began to show in his eyes. Sparrow bowed again.
"An archangel arrived yesterday requesting any information we had on an angel roaming the Earth. We were unaware of any such situation, and told them so. However, being angels, they didn't believe us and later sent spies to break into the library to access Hell's portion of Omniscience."

Jimin grimaced. He hadn't concerned himself with learning about Hell's library, and frankly had no idea what Sparrow was talking about. "English, Sparrow," he snarled. He conjured an obsidian pistol and fired three shots. Sparrow caught himself from falling from the impact and clutched the bullet wounds on his arm. The wound began healing immediately, but it was exceptionally painful.

"My deepest apologies, my lord. Allow me to explain." He cleared his throat and tried not to wince from the pain. "In the beginning of time, "Good" and "Evil" fought relentlessly against each other. Since they were evenly matched, they decided to create a new playing field to ultimately decided which was the stronger force. "Good" created Heaven and angels, while "Evil" created Hell and demons. With the last of their power they made the universe as the playing field. The beings in the universe were neutral, but could be swayed by both the forces of good and evil. Omniscience of the universe was split randomly, but equally, in half. One half was bestowed to Heaven, and the other to Hell so that the beings of each realm could use the information at their discretion."

"Fascinating," Jimin said as he rolled his eyes. He fired off another shot at Sparrow's legs, which he barely dodged.
"Get on with it."
Sparrow quickly resumed explaining, "The angels didn't get far before they were discovered, and naturally they were killed on the spot.

The archangels weren't happy when their remains were delivered back to Heaven, and some warriors were dispatched to avenge them. In short, there's a small war going on in Hell right now, and we request your assistance."

"Fucking angels," jimin snarled. Without another word he whisked both himself and Sparrow back to Hell so he could deal with the problem as quickly as possible and get back to Elena's side.