Chapter 8

Elena laughed in disbelief. "No, that can't be right. He wouldn't-" Before Elena could finish, there was
a bright flash of light and before her stood Jimin.
He was in his human form, but he was covered head to toe in blood and Elena dared not imagine what else. She nearly screamed from the shock.
Jimun blinked a few times, staring at Elena and the scared expression she wore on her face.
...What was he doing here? He racked his brain, trying to remember what exactly had placed him in this position.
Ah. He remembered. Shit.
Sometimes when coming out of his feral form his memories of what happened blur for a
moment before he is able to reestablish consciousness over his demonic instincts.

He cursed his lack of control.
Suddenly he became aware of another person on the roof.
"Tskkk... I knew I smelled an angel around this school." He snarled.

Taehyung stepped forward and held out his arm protectively in front of Elena. Jimin's eyes turned red in anger.
"What the fuck do you think you are doing?"
"I'm protecting her from you!" taehyung shouted back. He turned and hugged Elena. If Elena hadn't been in shock, she would have been elated.
Jimin felt anger boil up in his blood. How dare he touch what belonged to him! Every instinct screamed at him to kill, kill, kill. Kill the fucker that was touching what belonged to him. "Getaway from her," Jimin snarled. His voice had become deeper and laced with poison.

Taehyung had no intention of moving. "I told her everything, Devil. She knows what you are and what you've done. Your game here is over!"

A look of disbelief crossed over Jimin's face. "You, you think I'm fucking around?" jimin's
appearance began to shift and Elena couldn't believe what she was seeing. Horns appeared on his head and wings sprouted from his back. Taehyung copied Jimin's shift and unfurled his own wings.
"Get away from her." Jimin repeated in a deadly voice. "Never!" taehyung leaped at Jimin and conjured a staff of blinding light.
"Don't play dumb with me, Devil!"

Jimin jumped out of the way and taehyung's staff landed with a heavy thud right where he had been a second ago. Dark coils emerged from the ground around taehyung and caught his ankles, throwing him back on the ground when he tried to get up.

"Hah! Your staff says archangel but your abilities say cherub," Jimin sneered.
"Don't be so quick to judge," taehyung disappeared from the coils and reappeared behind Jimin.

Elena snapped out of her stupor. "Please, stop fighting!" She yelled.
Her plea fell on deaf ears as taehyung conjured a ball of light and went to slam it into Jimin's back. Jimin whirled around and caught taehyung's wrist.

The ball of light dissipated and taehyung's hand began to turn black. He yelled and yanked his hand away, holding the place where Jimin previously grabbed. The black patch continued to spread outward on his arm. "Enjoy your slow, painful death, you fucking angel!" Jimin leaped back from taehyung and gracefully landed near Elena.
Taehyung yelled in pain and his hand glowed as he tried to stop the flow of darkness from spreading further, but his attempts were futile.

Taehyung glared at Jimin .
"This isn't over, Devil. I will protect her no matter what!" With that taehyung vanished in a burst of light.
"You'll protect her?! She's mine," Jimin spat at the place where taehyung had stood a moment ago. He turned around and was met with the fearful eyes of Elena . Fuck.

"Elena, listen, I can explain everything." He took a step toward Elena, but she backed up, trembling. No. No no no .
His heart twisted at the fear in her face.
"Please, Elena. I promise you it's not like what he said." Damn that angel!
"A-are you really the Devil?" She asked, barely audible.
"Are you going to kill me?"
Jimin closed his eyes, wondering if lying to her about who he was would bring back her smile any faster.