Chapter 12

12

          “Maybe we should go out.” Carol suggested.

          “Then maybe….you should go tell her.” Genie said, scaring her since we all know Carmel’s like a living zombie now, trying to feel good outside but really damn broken inside. I hate knowing what exactly she’s been going through and I wanted to command her to stop feeling that way but I just don’t want to try it to her.

          “Sophie? You want to tell her?” I saw Genie’s wicked smile as she wanted to convince me to do it in their behalf.

          “Oh come on. Don’t drag me to hell.” I looked back to them and took the guitar on the couch and played as if I don’t mind what they’re talking about.

          “Just go and tell her to go out. I would want to go too.” I shouted at them.

          “Carmel? It’s me…. Carol. Uhh… Would you like to go out with us, tonight?”

          I heard her saying ‘okay’ without any hesitations or questions.

          Maybe she wanted to get over things quickly so she just agreed.

          “What should I wear?” Carol asked Genie.

          “Don’t wear anything and be everybody’s attraction.” Genie laughed.

          “Should we go and tell Ran and the others to come?”

          “As if they’ll go! They’re party haters, remember?” the two girl’s been talking and arguing each other since they arrived here in my house. They’re already getting used of the ambiance in my place.

          Even me, I’m already getting used of the environment with the humans and also acting like one.

          “Wait a minute. When will the next trimester start?” I asked. I never imagined days went off so fast and I don’t even know what day it is now exactly.

          “Next week.” Genie answered me.

          ‘Oh’ I continued playing the guitar again.

          We left about 8 o’clock in the evening for the party. We just picked up Carmel right in their house and headed to the place where we want to spend the night for a party.