Chapter 14

14

          I arrived in Sophie’s house and I parked my car on the right side of the yard. Her house is really cool and everything seems so perfect, the peaceful environment, everything. I can only see her Bugatti Veyron car but the other one isn’t there.

          I continued to walk towards her door. I heard the sound of my footsteps on the wooden terrace of the front door. I knocked and called for Sophie but nobody’s answering. Until then, I noticed that there’s a doorbell. I kept pressing it but Sophie’s not out yet.

          ‘She’s probably not home.’  I told myself.

          ‘But,didn’t she say that she needs to hurry back home because she needs to clean her house?’ I have lots of unanswered questions in my mind which makes me more eager to find out things. I sat down in front of the door and lie down for a while, waiting for Sophie to be back home.

          I almost dropped on the floor as I lied back to the door when it suddenly opened. She probably had forgotten to lock it. I just stood up and picked up my car keys on the floor.

          ‘Sophie? Are you here?’ the house is so clean, no trashes or any traces of dust visible. I searched the entire living room until I reached the kitchen, but Sophie’s not there.

          ‘Maybe she’s out and forgot that her house’s open.’

          I saw a bottle on top of the table in her dining area. I read the bottle and it says: “Capsulated Blood: Wirth’s use only”

          ‘What’s this for?’ I wondered. ‘A capsulated blood? What are you, a vamp?’ I chuckled and put the bottle down the table.

          I continued to walk around the dining area when I suddenly had a quick thought in my mind. I swallowed deep when I went back to the thought again ‘Vamp? And what is a Wirth?’  Ideas scrambled in my head.

          I walked back the living room. I hurriedly picked my car keys on the couch and turned the knob, about to leave when a familiar face hit me as I opened the door.

          ‘Sophie!’ I jumped and shouted out of shock.

          ‘Hey.’ She said in a low, calm voice.

          ‘I—I knocked but the door was open so I just went in, and when I saw that—that you weren’t in, I just….headed out.’ I exclaimed.

          ‘Oh. I think I forgot to lock it this morning before leaving.’ She answered. I smiled, trying to hide my nervousness.

          ‘Why so nervous?’ she asked me.