Chapter 15

15

          After telling Carmel the truth, it bothers me how things would be after such revelations. She has noticed a lot about me lately and I don’t know exactly why I tell her so.

          I was facing in the mirror, looking on my entire body as if I’m memorizing every part of it.

          ‘Jack Bauer’

          I remembered Bauer who saved my life, whose blood I took which made me a total Wirth.

          ‘What happened to you?’ I wonder what exactly happened to him. I sent him invitation before for my birthday but he didn’t even come.

          He transferred in a new university near his hometown.

          I remembered Ran answered me this morning.

          ‘Where is his hometown?’ Why did he transfer? What happened to him? Did I…..really infect him? Did he…..become like me, a monstrous Wirth? Is he Okay? Is he fine?’

          Questions suddenly occurred to me as I feel so pity with Jack Bauer. My mom told me to watch after him, but I don’t even know where he is now. She told me to protect Bauer but I don’t even have a single idea what happened to him after I last saw him in his house the night he took me in the airport, after I tasted his human blood.

          Now, I’m so urged to find him.

          ‘I should protect him. It’s my obligation.’

          My class will start after lunch, 1 o’clock in the morning but I woke up early and drive out. I want to go to Bauer’s house. It’s a little bit far since it is located in the forest.

          I passed by the huge trees I’ve been with before, when I was just a neophyte Wirth. I become more worried as I’m almost meters away from Bauer’s house.

          I went down my car and walked nearer. The yard is filled with dried leaves of the trees surrounding the place. The house looked a bit different too with what I’ve seen before I was here. It looked a bit messier since there are lots of leaves verywhere. It looks like as if nobody’s leaving there.

          ‘Jack?’ I shouted to nowhere. I’m just taking chances if ever he’s in there. I knocked on his front door but it was locked.

          I walked around the house and stood up in front of his room, the place where I broke his glass window.

          ‘Oh’ I just said when I saw the window I broke. It’s no longer broken, instead, three pieces of wood was nailed in it just to cover the window. I tried to look into the small holes on the wood to see inside the room. I coughed continuously when dust covered my face when I went near the holes.

          ‘Holy shit?’

          I stopped coughing when I stepped out of the window. I haven’t even seen anything inside.

          ‘Where the fuck are you Bauer? If you’re in there, get out! I need to talk to you!’ I yelled. I can hear my voice echoed in the entire forest. I can’t hear anything more except for the breeze of wind hitting my ear.