Chapter 13

13

          Start of a new semester.

          I can almost recover on the pain I felt with my break-up with Faddy. I never had any news about him since I last saw him in the bar with my girl friends.

          The place where we used to go no longer feels pain. I can already smile and laugh without having him in my memory. I feel totally okay and I’m happy to know that. Maybe I am matured enough to accept things aren’t really meant for us.

          I’m now sitting and waiting for my friends to arrive. Five minutes before our Serology class starts, they all arrived together.

          “Hey” I heard them all when they entered the door.

          “What’s up?” Genie tapped me in the back.

          “I’m good.” I answered truthfully.

          “Where’s Sophie?” I wondered. She’s late during the first day of the term.

          “I’m here, I’m not late since I arrived seconds earlier than our professor.” She smiled.

          “Good morning everybody, it’s the first day of the term and we weren’t expecting to give a bad news earlier for today. But, we are all asked to cancel the classes since we received undesirable news about our school’s two cheer leaders who died in an accident last weekend. We are asked to pray for them and may their souls be in God’s hands.”

          “Nice… No classes.” Genie celebrated while clapping and jumping out of joy.

          “What’s so nice about it? Two cheerleaders were on an accident and they died. Aren’t you even worried?” I asked her so annoyed with her thoughts of celebrating despite of a bad news.

          “What happened to Jack Bauer?” Sophie asked us.

          “I heard he already transferred to other university near his hometown.” Ran answered.

          “Why? Do you miss him?” I teased Sophie.

          “Gross.” She answered and packed up her bag.

          “Anyway, let’s check who those cheerleaders are.” I told them.

          “Should I just go ahead? I need to clean my house.” Sophie said.