Chapter 18

"Very good. It just becomes more difficult to write longer things but you're doing well on writing your name. Just remember to your straightedge to help. I think the next thing we're gonna do is something you'll like. Write a Dr. Mike a letter just to talk with her. I told her I'd watch the kids cause she wanted to observe Isaac in his work. " Josephine Harvey says to Sully.

"Okay, do you need any help?"

"Brian is here so I'm good. Besides I want you to start drawing since you said you wants to design Katie's bed."

"It's not easy. But one step at a time. We'll write and draw in the morning and later I have something else for you and Henry is coming along."

"How's he's been? We haven't sat down and talked in a while. I sense the healing is beginning but not quite there yet."

"I've got the solution. You'll see." She says as she puts her son on her shoulder to burp. "He likes Uncle Sully."

"Can I hold him?"

"Sure." Josie says as she gives Luke to Sully.

Henry comes downstairs with Hazel and Katie loosely in his arms. "Somebody thought it would fun to play with their poop during morning nap. They both need a bath so I'm starting the water and Dr. Mike is coming downstairs in a minute."

"I have something you need to do later Henry to help with Sully's next lesson. Are you gonna be busy? " Josie says as he puts the girls in the sink and washes his hands.

"I was gonna do some reading but that can wait."

"'Morning Henry. "

"Good morning Sully. How are you today?"

"Good. I feel good too." He responds as he continues writing.

"Good morning everyone. " Michaela says as she sits at the table with them and gives Lilly to Sully.

"I bet you're a pretty as your ma Lilly." He says as he kisses the baby's forehead."

Michaela gives the girls a bath and puts them on the floor to play.

"What are you plans for today?" She asks.

"Henry, Sully and I we're gonna go do something for a lesson for Sully outside. We won't be long, I should be back before Luke needs to eat. I just laid him down for his nap."

"See you later then."

•••••••••••••••••••••••

"What exactly are we doing?" Sully asks as he waves his walking stick in front of him."

"Trust me, you'll like it. Book learning is good but learning should accommodate the student. Can you where we are?" Josie says.

"Yeah. It's my spot in the forest."

"Very good. My purpose in this is that you can't settle for just being comfortable in your own home. Eventually you will have to return to everything you've been doing before your couldn't see so you might as well start now. "

"Love, so why exactly did you need me here?" Henry asks.

"Cause Henry, even though we talked over and over about how you're feeling. Instead of feeling better you're gonna be doing better. Starting with building trust again. This place is familiar to start healing by working on doing it. " Josie says. "Close your eyes. Trust me, I'm your wife." She then slips off his glasses and put a blindfold over his eyes.

"I-I doesn't understand exactly what you're doing love."

"You'll see, Well you won't see but still. Learning to adjust is something hard to do. We adjust in getting married, cause it's not yours or mine, it's ours. We adjust in this too and it's your choice to live in it or live with it. You can do everything a sighted person can do. What exactly we're going do is sit out here. Construct a lean to and sit under it to read. I have the cloth covering but get your own wood to build. Trust Sully to help you find the right kind of wood. If you get lost, stay still and call for me. Be careful and watch you footing."