3

Krystina's POV

Krystina's POV

  I was following the rest of the pack as Araya led us out. I was practically dancing on the inside, happy to finally be leaving this place. The others and I head over to Stiles's Jeep and wait for Scott since he was still talking with Araya. I have no idea what they could possibly be talking about since I don't have super hearing. It would have been cool had that come with the package deal of my abilities but I'll take what I can get.

Having been playing footsies with Stiles during the wait for Scott I stop what I'm doing when I hear footsteps coming towards us.

"So what do we do now?" I asked.

"She's giving us a guide." Scott replies. Just when I go to question him further I hear the hum of a motorcycle behind us.

We all turn to the sound. I see Braeden atop her bike. I give a small smile in greeting when she looks at us.

"Who is she?" Malia piped up from my side. I tense not having heard her approach.

"She's a mercenary." Lydia answers, coming up on my other side.

"Yeah, she helped us out while ago with a friend of ours." I tell Malia.

Lydia and I share a sad smile. The mention of Issac bringing sad memories. I grab her hand and give it a light squeeze. Lydia returning the gesture.

"Right now, I'm the only person who's going to take you to la Iglesia." Braeden mentions, her voice breaking us out of our momentary sadness.

We all split off getting ready to leave. Scott was going to ride with Braeden while the rest of us were in the Jeep. Just as I was about to get in the Jeep behind Lydia a hand was placed on my shoulder. Whipping my head around I see Araya standing behind me.

"Sorry to keep you all waiting but I need to speak to this one." She grabs my wrist and leads me a few feet away. Glancing back at the others I see them all with worry lining their face. I give Scott a nod as if to say I'm fine. He purses his lips but stays where he is.

Sighing, I turn back to Araya and attempt to pull my wrist away from her. Wordlessly, she just grabs my other wrist and tightens her grip slightly. She brings them to eye level. The names placed there are on full display for her to see.

"You have no idea what this means do you, lucecita?" She questions, her knowing gaze meeting mine.

I just stare at her. She laughs and let's go of my wrists. "Alright, can you answer this. Do you know what a Soulmate is?"

"Yes. I thought that was just made up."

"Well, lucecita these names on your wrists tell you it's not. I have seen others with the same thing but none with more than one name on them." She pats me on the shoulder, "That is all I can tell you. Now go back to your friends."