4

Krystina's POV

Krystina's POV

So... Derek is somehow young again. After we found him the way he is we drove all night from Mexico to bring him to Deaton. We followed Scott as he carried young Derek into the clinic

"Wow," Denton said as he was put on the exam table.

"Wow. Wow as in 'I've seen this before and I know exactly what to do,' kind of wow? Cause that's the kind of wow we were hoping for," Stiles says.

Like Stiles, I have a small hope that Deaton May know. Sadly, that hope is crushed when Deaton shakes his head no. I watch as Lydia reaches out and grabs young Derek's hand.

"He's cold." Lydia tells us. Following her actions, I lay my hand on his arm. She's right. He is extremely cold, like, an unnatural cold.

Deaton start to try and check his vitals. First, his pulse and then he shines a light in his eyes.

"You think this is permanent?" Scott asks Deaton his voice laced with worry.

"I'm not sure a medical diagnosis is even adequate." He replies, not having any clue of what was going on with the boy. "This is well beyond my experience."

"So what should we do?" I pipe up.

He looks at me and then the others, "Until he wakes up? Probably not much. It might be best to leave him with me. He'll be safe here."

"You mean from Kate." Stiles points out. He does have a point. I mean we all know the vendetta Kate had for the Hales.

"If She's alive and she is what you say she is, she won't be able to get past that gate."

We all pause to think for a moment. Until finally Lydia asks the question we all secretly have been dying to know.

"Why would she want to do this to him?" She asked. Her eyes drifted to Deaton, searching for an answer.

"Knowing Kate it's probably for a reason that won't be good for anyone but her." He tells us.

We all glance towards Derek again. I try to enter his mind and find out if he remembers anything of what happened. I find nothing. It's just a blank void. Shaking off the feeling of hopelessness, I yawn. Deaton speaks after I yawn having noticed just how tired we all look.

"You guys should probably go home. He doesn't look to be in any danger. So maybe the rest should get some sleep. It is a school night!" He adds a smile before giving us a concerned look. " You all need to start taking care of your own lives again."