Chapter 4: Let's Save Asia

Y/N POV

This morning I got another letter from Prof. Shou.

[I'm disappointed Y/N. You forgot to get me stray devil blood. But I managed to get one from someone else. Today I'm going to leave Japan. Therefore it's better for you to find someone else who can upgrade your weapons.]

I completely forgot about his request. Did I waste my time hunting those stray devils? I checked my points.

[686,300,000 / 1,000,000,000]

I think it increased. Not sure how many. I don't remember how many points I used when fighting those stray devils.

And Prof.Shou left Japan. I saw this coming when I met with the mages from Mage's Association. Prof.Shou must be a fugitive.

He knows many things that only mages know. And the moment he heard that Mage's Association is here, he immediately escaped.

Well, he's not here is not a problem for me. I can't get any more crystals since those mages destroyed the portal.

I looked at my watch. 08.30, I should get ready. Today is Saturday, that means I have a job as an entertainer at Kuoh Mall.

I was hired to perform a magic show to entertain the guests. But first I need to visit Baa-chan.

After packing all the stuff I need for the show, I ran downstairs and knocked on the door with a flower sticker on it. The door opened by itself. Since when Baa-chan installed an automatic door?

"Baa-chan, its Y/N. I'm coming in" I removed my shoes and stepped inside. I found Baa-chan washing dishes. She noticed me and turned off the tap.

"Going somewhere Y/N?" She asked me with a sad face. She really worried about me.

"I'm working as a magician at Kuoh mall this afternoon. Baa-chan...About last night..."

"Y/N. I won't ask what you were doing last night, just promise me. Please take good care of yourself. You almost gave me a heart attack when I found you covered in blood."

Baa-chan scolded me, her voice was stern, and her expression is deadly serious. She won't accept 'no' as an answer. If it's the usual me, I would say something to argue.

"I'm...sorry." But I can only say sorry. I can't talk back to her. Not to Baa-chan.

"Now, off you go. You have people to entertain. Don't want to keep them waiting for the greatest magician." She pushed me outside and gave me a lunch box. She closed the door, but I stopped her.

"Baa-chan are you okay? I can't find you yesterday."

"I was visiting my son. He asked me to watch over his child. So I will stay at my son house for a few days. I came back today to grab some stuff I forgot. So I'm busy right now. Shoo...shoo" She forcefully push me and closed the door.

She's mad at me, I can tell. But I'm glad that she's healthy. And Baa-chan visited her family. That's good. It must be lonely to live alone, taking care of this old apartment.

♦♦♦

After one hour of traveling by bus, I reached the mall. I asked the security guard where the stage for the show is.

"Ah, the stage for the afternoon show is on the roof. Do you want me to guide you?" He answered while pointing the where the nearest lift is.

"Thank you, but I can go there myself."

I left and walked towards the lift. From far I could see an arcade. It's been a while since the last time I played 'Time Crisis.' There's still thirty minutes before the show starts. I decided to check the arcade.