The Fall Dance

As families got ready for thanksgiving, the students of Midtown were dressing themselves up for one of the biggest events of the year, the Fall Dance.

Victoria Smith knew better than to worry about her hair or her makeup. She would look okay either way or so she thought she did. Applying her signature lipstick, she headed over to Adonis to fix his tie.

"Excited?" He asked as she tucked the tie in and pulled it.

The girl rolled her eyes, "ecstatic," she said as she dialed a number on her phone.

"Happy?" The girl asked innocently, her tone lightening.

"Could you please get me a Limo? Make sure it's here before 5:40 please," the girl asked kindly before thanking the man and ending the call.

The girl went to her room and slipped off her pajamas, putting on the black dress she had picked out earlier that month. The girl's skin glowed golden against the black material, making her resemble a goddess in all her glory.

Not knowing what to do, she put on a show as she and Adonis waited for the car to arrive, both of them thinking about that special someone they were going to see tonight.

Meanwhile in another part of Queens, sat a boy and his aunt attempting to figure out how to tie a tie, both confused by the simple instructions placed on the screen.

"No May I think I got this!" Peter exclaimed, closely paying attention to the video on the computer.

"Fix the top Pete! Just do a loop de loop it's really not that hard," Aunt May shrugged as she copied the motions of the creator of the video.

The boy sighed with relief when he finally got it right, checking his phone for the time. 5:55. The boy got up and headed to Uncle Ben who was steaming his old blazer.

"Ready, bud?" The older man said, patting his nephews back. The boy blew air from his mouth, his heartbeat racing. Ben held out the blazer for Peter to put his arms into which made May's smile widen.

'my love 💕💓💖'  has sent you a message.

'come out pete'

The boy, his aunt, and his uncle made their way to their driveway where they saw a limo parked upfront. Peter's breath quickened as he watched the girl of his dreams exit the car, her black dress flowing behind her.

 Peter's breath quickened as he watched the girl of his dreams exit the car, her black dress flowing behind her