♞ - c h a p t e r 10 - ♞

Hey Rom-Cubs,

Saturday Magic!

What's going on with you guys? Are you good?

I hope this update finds you well.

Cheers to the tenth installation of The Ballerina and The Bachelor! ❤️

Please
VOTE
COMMENT
RECOMMEND
FAN

Enjoy XD

- Ang

------

Dido ...

The night was surreal.

My life had changed in the blink of an eye, and though I'd never understand how, not for a second did I expect that this-the arrangement between Alexis and I-would extend to anything more.

Despite my best efforts however, I remained susceptible to his charms. Though, I'd never tell him as much. Regardless how many times the truth did circuits around my brain, being around him still affected me.

What would it be like, if you, Alexis Mega were really mine? The thought crossed my mind once more, the moment I stole another glance at him.

To anyone, it was obvious that I lacked the social graces to keep up with a man of Alexis' stature. Could we be more mismatched? Though in Alexis' defense, he did his best to facilitate my shortcomings.

The fact remains that I was inexperienced. If the perimeters of our agreement weren't in effect, there was nothing that could hold up between us.

As Alexis drove us into the city, we traded basic ideals.

"How old are you?" I asked.

"Twenty-six," He smiled, seemingly amused by my line of questioning. "My birthday is July 26th. What about you?"

"I'm twenty-three," I supplied, casting a glance at him once more. It was hard, not to want to look at him. "Queens are born on August 12th."

The car instantly filled up with his boisterous laughter. He had a beautiful laugh, and it made feel closer to him that I was able to hear it.

"Which color do you prefer the most?" I asked.

"Apparently Chocolate," Alexis announced, winking at me. I found myself wheezing at his charming answer. It was obvious what he meant.

I wouldn't bite, though my defenses was slowly crumbling.

"I'm serious Alexis." I nudged him in his arm, waiting for a legitimate response to my question.

"I've always loved the color black. It's practical, stylish and works well for any occasion." He replied.

"Sounds a little utilitarian to me, don't you think?" I teased, smiling despite myself.

He countered by giving my hand a gentle squeeze.

Somehow in all the hype, I'd almost forgotten that our fingers were entwined.

Maybe because the gesture was so foreign to me, and it hadn't yet registered why this gorgeous man would even permit such an act between us.

Or because it felt natural.

Or maybe, I liked it so much, that I'd rather committed myself to silence on the subject because I didn't want to risk saying something stupid that killed the mood altogether.